Tight and twisty High Desert ride 9/21/2013

California

Fun and flowy, not a buch of rocky junk. This ride is for a small group of well prepared dez riders. I'm an old fart but can still ride and like the off the grid trails. Medium keep moving pace, not for beginners or real slow cruisers Tons of singletrack.

This Sunday!

Edited by G._LYLES

pm sent

Damn.  Wish I could make this...

Sounds like my kind of riding. Would love to join in. May be able to make. What time and where?

Sorry guys,I have to move the ride to Sunday.  Going to work Saturday.

Edited by G._LYLES

Damn.  Wish I could make this...

Hi Carl!

Glenn, AKA Surfdog

Sounds like my kind of riding. Would love to join in. May be able to make. What time and where?

Riding from my house in Apple Valley, Sunday 9am

Single track in Apple Valley? I thought that was all houses now.

Edited by DarrellYZ250F

Single track in Apple Valley? I thought that was all houses now.

No way its in the middle of the Desert! The city is full of houses, the outskirts are full of OHV areas!

Sucks living 2 and a half hours away from there, seems to be a lot of riders out that way as I would imagine since you have riding areas in your back yard.

You guys got me!  There is no riding or singletrack in Apple Valley, my idea of tight and twisty is between the houses and the straightaways are the Edison easements. Can't get anything over on you guys!!!!

Seriously men, my ride will expose that Redonda Ridge, dishpan jeep road, devils hole and that other so called epic BB and Arrowhead riding for what it really is, blown out, over ridden crap!

You guys got me!  There is no riding or singletrack in Apple Valley, my idea of tight and twisty is between the houses and the straightaways are the Edison easements. Can't get anything over on you guys!!!!

Seriously men, my ride will expose that Redonda Ridge, dishpan jeep road, devils hole and that other so called epic BB and Arrowhead riding for what it really is, blown out, over ridden crap!

Alleys and sidewalks are my favorite! 

Yeah, that wasn't epic.  Just a tour :ride:

Yeah, that wasn't epic.  Just a tour :ride:

I understand! :thumbsup:

Alleys and sidewalks are my favorite! 

AV has very few sidewalks  we gotta deal with good ol dirt. :ride:  

BB ha some of theist technical single track this side of the Mississippi

Let's see 6 1/2 hrs one way. Sounds like an awful lot of fun .If you ever plan a weekend excursion.

Wish this was the weekend after.   :banghead:

I hear Glenn is the man with the best riding spots.

Sup Fellas!  Anyone ever try out a favorite spot of mine "Red Mountain"?  Trona Road off of Hwy. 395.  From LA is about 3 hours but always worth the trip if you plan on spending a couple of days.  My last visit was our last three (3) day weekend.  Open desert for miles until you burn all your gas, and even then you haven't scratched the surface.  Good hill climbs out there too, you know the ones that you have hold a power band on otherwise you don't make it.  Unfortunately, my last trip there ended up the following Tuesday in the hospital for 3 days, but it was still all worth it.  Hand is a lot better, and I blame myself for not using correct gear.  Motocross gloves are not for the desert!  I should of known better.  Anyhow, I'm planning hopefully first or second week of October to go up there again for at least 2 days if not more.  I've got a couple of bikes I usually take; The Devil ~ YZ490, and my YZ360 Olin.  Was thinking in the next couple of weeks putting my IT490 back together (restoring from ground up) and leaving the Devil at home considering it and mother natures always seems to want to gang up on me when I'm out there tearing it up.  Would be a nice pace to ride the IT490 with 5 speeds as opposed to that Devil (sorry if I seem to be stepping on toes when I refer to the YZ490 ~ but it IS a Devil) YZ490 four speed that won't go anymore than 60 I think.  The YZ490 four speed was never intended to be used as a desert bike.  If it was a 5 speed then maybe, but you just can't the speed you normally get from a 5 speed gear box in open trails.  But anyway "Red Mountain" for anyone that knows this place.  I've attached a photo to give you an idea what it looks like, well at least a portion of it anyway.

IMAG0465.jpg

Looks kinda flat.

Sup Fellas!  Anyone ever try out a favorite spot of mine "Red Mountain"?  Trona Road off of Hwy. 395.  From LA is about 3 hours but always worth the trip if you plan on spending a couple of days.  My last visit was our last three (3) day weekend.  Open desert for miles until you burn all your gas, and even then you haven't scratched the surface.  Good hill climbs out there too, you know the ones that you have hold a power band on otherwise you don't make it.  Unfortunately, my last trip there ended up the following Tuesday in the hospital for 3 days, but it was still all worth it.  Hand is a lot better, and I blame myself for not using correct gear.  Motocross gloves are not for the desert!  I should of known better.  Anyhow, I'm planning hopefully first or second week of October to go up there again for at least 2 days if not more.  I've got a couple of bikes I usually take; The Devil ~ YZ490, and my YZ360 Olin.  Was thinking in the next couple of weeks putting my IT490 back together (restoring from ground up) and leaving the Devil at home considering it and mother natures always seems to want to gang up on me when I'm out there tearing it up.  Would be a nice pace to ride the IT490 with 5 speeds as opposed to that Devil (sorry if I seem to be stepping on toes when I refer to the YZ490 ~ but it IS a Devil) YZ490 four speed that won't go anymore than 60 I think.  The YZ490 four speed was never intended to be used as a desert bike.  If it was a 5 speed then maybe, but you just can't the speed you normally get from a 5 speed gear box in open trails.  But anyway "Red Mountain" for anyone that knows this place.  I've attached a photo to give you an idea what it looks like, well at least a portion of it anyway.

&%$#@! it, I'm ridin with this hot shoe!