Sign in to follow this  

12 250 XCF-W - won't start

Bought new in Jan 2012. 20 total hrs on bike. Always ran great. Always started right up. Last rode 1 month ago. 

I checked all the fuses. The main one next to the battery box, and also the ones in the fuse box under the seat. All OK.

I have read about the inline fuel filter issues. Not sure if I have the black or grey one. I even installed the filter sock in the tank when new.

Just looking for opinions if that looks like it could be the problem before I proceed. The only reason I might question that is the bike ran great the last time I rode it. Started right up. No hesitating. I read were many were having a poor running issue and the new filter fixed that but my bike now will not start at all.

Going on a 5 day trip next week.

Thanks!

Well I replaced the inline fuel filter with the grey 20 micron one. Checked the spark plug for a spark and it does. Still nothing. Not even a little. Turns over but will not even begin to start, Bike is still like new with very low hours. Always ran great. Did not slowly go bad.  Fuel pump?

fuel pump cycle when you tap the starter? Normally if they'll cycle it will start. Fuel pumps usually show the first signs of going when hot, they'll lock up but can be started once cool. I'd guess if the pump is cycling the injector is clogged.

• Like 1

fuel pump cycle when you tap the starter? Normally if they'll cycle it will start. Fuel pumps usually show the first signs of going when hot, they'll lock up but can be started once cool. I'd guess if the pump is cycling the injector is clogged.

Yes. it does cycle. Must be the injector. Thanks