Riding in San Diego with red sticker? Would like to teach the wife to ride this weekend

Hey,

New member here, just picked up a 2005 yz450f and a 2005 ttr230 for the wife. I grew up riding Gorman and Bell mountain/victorville mostly, and did get to go out to Moab/slickrock many years back. Sold the bikes when I moved to San Diego for college and just now decided to get back into it.

I have a quick question for my San Diego riders. My wife's bike is Green Stickered and mine is red; I would like to take my wife out this coming weekend to get her used to the bike and was wondering if anyone knew of a place I could also ride with her while she learns the bike (she has ridden before, but years ago). Am I out of luck and should just wait until October 1st? or can someone recommend a place we can go to ride a few very easy trails even with a red sticker. Thanks!

AJ

Edited by spags

Ocotillo Wells is maybe your best bet. Its rare you get sited for a non-green sticker bike. plus the wide open area is perfect for beginners. maybe a little warm, but if you go early enough and be done by noon, grab a burger at the Blu-in or maybe the Travertine, yer good to go.

Depending on where you are in SD, just figure out a way to get to the S2 through Borrego Springs or the 78 going east. Ocotillo Wells is between the 78/86/S2 near the Salton Sea.