Sign in to follow this  

Being cheap

When it comes to minor things I tend to be pretty cheap example ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1379316730.150864.jpgjust wondering if any of you other fellas do stuff like this or do is it just me?

It's turn signal... they aren't expensive. That's a trail fix, not a permanent one. Think it's just you.

Fixing as opposed to replacing has its place, but at least put some effort into it. If you're not gonna use a glue or epoxy of sort, at least trim the excess tape.

Then again, if it doesn't bother you, why bother?

I would be willing to bet that everyone on this forum has something on their bike rigged like that.

• Like 1

Fixing as opposed to replacing has its place, but at least put some effort into it. If you're not gonna use a glue or epoxy of sort, at least trim the excess tape.

Then again, if it doesn't bother you, why bother?

ha it's Been that way for about a year now no problems

It's turn signal... they aren't expensive. That's a trail fix, not a permanent one. Think it's just you.

you're right not expensive but not gonna pay for the big oem Signals. Gonna go with a whole set of the led.
  • Like 1

What?  What?  Sorry, I thought I heard someone calling my name.  That being said... no, no one else does stuff like you.  I have BLACK duct tape.

• Like 4

I don't let my boss look under the seat of my bike, he would never let me do another electrical job if he saw how I wired my entire tail light with nothing but tape. I'll fix it, eventually.

• Like 2

I don't let my boss look under the seat of my bike, he would never let me do another electrical job if he saw how I wired my entire tail light with nothing but tape. I'll fix it, eventually.

I'm the same way it'll get fixed.....eventually

The stock turn signals have to go asap either way, one of the first things i took of me bike.

exactly what I was saying not going to buy another ugly oem turn signal. Ill rock the electrical tape
  • Like 1

My rear left turn signal has been like that since my bike was 2 weeks new and some dumb a$$ knocked it over while it was parked. His insurance paid for it and the money is in my led signal fund for when I break the other one.

I am to anal to have anything like that on my bike for to long. Thats why I work so hard at NOT napping when I ride. Yet I do carry tape and JB Quik when I am on the trail. JIC ;)

• Like 1

I would be willing to bet that everyone on this forum has something on their bike rigged like that.

Ummmm NOPE!

• Like 2

Does super gluing my turn signal back together fall into this category?  It doesn't look any different than brand new... 

Does super gluing my turn signal back together fall into this category? It doesn't look any different than brand new...

If no one can tell the fix you're not supposed to tell

When it comes to minor things I tend to be pretty cheap example attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1379316730.150864.jpgjust wondering if any of you other fellas do stuff like this or do is it just me?

Yessir I have done the exact thing... In fact  one time i used rubber bands and someone ripped them off when i left it parked at dolores park in SF lol ...

my rear blinker is hanging onto my exhaust as we speak I usually just  melt two hole's and zip tie that mother.

Yessir I have done the exact thing... In fact one time i used rubber bands and someone ripped them off when i left it parked at dolores park in SF lol ...

my rear blinker is hanging onto my exhaust as we speak I usually just melt two hole's and zip tie that mother.

hah that's messed up stealing your rubber bands an there's nothin wrong with a couple of zip ties. Have helped me out in more than one situation