Sign in to follow this  

bike for my son need help please

ok guys i am getting all my kids into riding this year. i have a 4,7,11,12 yr old.  I thought i had all the kids squared away until this weekend. i took him out with a crf70 to teach him the basics of riding so when he gets his bike at christmas he could then learn to use a clutch. while he did pretty good keeping it up right. that bike was way to small for him he is a tad over 140 lbs and close to 5'5''. well the bike hiding in my friends garage is a crf80 after seeing him on the 70 i am beginning to 2nd guess the 80 for him. for his size do you think i should find a crf100f , a crf150f or just find him an 85. I am really at a loss right now on what to do. here is a link of him on the 70

Edited by mustangeric

ok guys i am getting all my kids into riding this year. i have a 4,7,11,12 yr old. I thought i had all the kids squared away until this weekend. i took him out with a crf70 to teach him the basics of riding so when he gets his bike at christmas he could then learn to use a clutch. while he did pretty good keeping it up right. that bike was way to small for him he is a tad over 140 lbs and close to 5'5''. well the bike hiding in my friends garage is a crf80 after seeing him on the 70 i am beginning to 2nd guess the 80 for him. for his size do you think i should find a crf100f , a crf150f or just find him an 85. I am really at a loss right now on what to do. here is a link of him on the 70

id look at a crf100f or xr100r. There bullet proof and sit plenty high.

who needs a weed wacker just use him lol... but all jokes aside I would say go for the xr100 its not powerfull but would be big enough just to learn on right. But just a heads up he will grown out of it quickly if he really enjoys it 

Kid will probably be 5' 6" or 5' 7" by Christmas.  I would look for a CRF150F that bike should be OK for him up to about 5' 10".  CRF150F can work with a nearly full size adult.  I'm 5' 11" and from memory it still worked OK for me at that height.