YZF frame swap q's...

I work with a guy who's looking for a 250F motor for his kids racing go cart. With that said I've always thought the swaps look awesome and from what I've read the F chassis handles better as well.

Sooo what's a reasonable price to pay for an 11 250F?

What would be a fair split in the cost for him to take the motor and for me to take the rest of the bike? 50/50? 60/40? 40/60?

I haven't contacted anyone, but I was planning on calling MPS and seeing if I could buy a frame with the correct motor mounts for the 250 2t welded in and ready to go and send them the frame off the 2011 as a core.

2011 YZ250F's go for around $3500-$4000 around here.  I would think a fair split would be more along the lines of you paying about 65% of it. 

Maybe more like 60% sice he's going to be taking teh exhuast and electronics as well.

Anyone else?

If its any food for thought, a 2011 yz250f crate motor cost 2600 bucks. I would say a used/good motor is worth at least 2200

If its any food for thought, a 2011 yz250f crate motor cost 2600 bucks. I would say a used/good motor is worth at least 2200

That's good to know. Thanks.