Sign in to follow this  

CARB PROBLEMS

STOCK PET COCK ON A 01 DRZ 400S HAS A VACUUM ASSIST. IF I PLUG THE PORT ON CARB AND BYPASS THE VACUUM AND RUN THE BIKE ON PRIME WILL I HAVE MID RANGE THROTTLE PROBLEMS? THROTTLE COME UP FINE BUT WHEN I WOT IT IF FALLS ON ITS FACE. CLEANED THE CARB 4 TIMES ALREADY AND STARING TO LOSE MY MIND! ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

If you run it on prime it's just like your running with a regular non vac operated petcock. It should run just like normal

Why does my bike fall on its face when I wot-?------Could be lots of reasons.  Is this something new? Please provide more details.  Is it possible you are just hitting the rev limiter?

yes something new bike ran great then I came down off a wheelie and all it would do is idle. if I slowly come up on the throotle it seems ok but at mid way it starts to fall spits and popes and want s to die (falls on its face)

checked needle and stopper that's ok diafram is ok blew carb clean and shop air 4 + times trying to clean out carb and everytime its still the same w little of no improvement

figured I throw it out there after all the tinkering I figured out the issue the main jet was to big fallowing the directions isn't always the correct way went from a 134 to A 130 bike is back to life and im ear to ear

thanx to all who gave 2 cent greatly appreciated except for the last comment by jim burncycle abbott pound sand jim haha