Sign in to follow this  

YZ All White Make Over

Hey TY fam, so I've been working on my YZ85 lately I've done plenty work on the motor from port n polish work to jet and carb adjusting. So finally comes the final touches I've wanted to make it a all white YZ so I ordered an all white UFO plastic kit. Everything seems good so far then I realized the tank only comes in the OEM YZ blue. Is there any sticker or vinyl wrap that I can irder to cover the outside to at least give it a white look all over? Or is this project just a bust? Please any help is appreciated sites or shops anything helps thanks!

By the way I thought of a graphics kit but can't find a mostly white one which is making things more difficult

you might be able to either dye it white or black, or be able to have like a sticker shop make u something

Dye it black as stated above. I've done a few of them. My 96 tank held up great! 

This man know's his stuff and is straight up honest.Solid advice.

• Like 1

Dye it black as stated above. I've done a few of them. My 96 tank held up great! 

You have pics?  I may have to do this when I go yellow.

BDubb106 I was thinking if going that route but I can't find a video on how to do it is there a certain method I should use when dying the tank? What about fading I read Afew threads some people had problems with the dye rubbing off the tank on to their gear how can I prevent this from happening

italian company acerbis make high quality 8.5 litre black and white tank's for the 85.this shop in italy sell's them but you might be able to get one through acerbis usa if you contact them maybe? that's if you don't want to dye it of course.

http://www.crosshop.eu/Acerbis-Yamaha-Yz-85-2007-2013-fuel-tank-8-5-liter_W0QQidZ9586QQformatZdettaglioQ145phpQQlinguaZEN

Edited by smezmx
  • Like 1