New gal here! So glad this part of TT exists!

So I recently joined the forums and found the thumpette side and I am so glad!

Just bought my first dirt bike this past weekend. I decided on a crf150f to start out. I know with my height and weight I could've gone bigger but I know the power is enough for now and its such a fun bike to ride.

Not new to thumpers -- my other toy is a Grizzly 700 with power steering :wub:

I know there is a ton to be learned from you gals who have been riding all your lives. Unfortunately I didn't get into the power sports scene until I was an adult and buying my own toys. As a kid my parents said no to anything with a gas engine.

So now I'm 31, tooting around on my little 150 and I love it. Sadly I'm the only girl I know who rides anything much less a dirt bike!

I've got new handlebars and grips on order as we speak but with many more mods to come. Any gals riding a 150f and can suggest the most essential mods for it? Or heck, anyone in general can tell me the most essential mods for any dirt bike right out of the gate!

Welcome to the forum Its full of tons of great information. Some of the most essential mods I would reccomend are a skid/bash plate, frame/fork sliders and bark busters (hand-guards). Personnaly my essential mods are things that protect my bike first then preformance mods second, such as a aftermaket pipe jet kit etc. Here is a similar post that may help you. :thumbsup:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1046713-adult-150f-riders-absolute-essential-mods/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thumpertalk+%28ThumperTalk%29

Oh wait thats your thread too hahah sorry :smashpc::rolleyes:

My wife is getting ready to start riding soon! Are you in the mid Atlantic region near PA, VA, or MD?

Welcome :D Now as for your bike I really have no clue as to what upgrades to do except for a Skid Plate, Hand guards, Radiator guards. Have fun riding and upgrading your bike ;) 

My wife is getting ready to start riding soon! Are you in the mid Atlantic region near PA, VA, or MD?

I wish I was a bit closer but I am in NC. About 30 minutes from the VA border right smack in the middle.

Welcome!  So fun to have more women here.  Sorry, I don't have any mods to suggest, but I'm sure someone will have some for you.  I agree with the bark busters, skid plate, radiator guards, and set up suspension for you.  Have fun!!  :ride:

Welcome!  So fun to have more women here.  Sorry, I don't have any mods to suggest, but I'm sure someone will have some for you.  I agree with the bark busters, skid plate, radiator guards, and set up suspension for you.  Have fun!!  :ride:

Um no radiators on a 150 f My wife had one of those and got rid of it for the CRF150R so much lighter

Um no radiators on a 150 f My wife had one of those and got rid of it for the CRF150R so much lighter

I guess I wasn't being bike specific, just listing things in general.  It didn't cross my mind when listing things as all our dirt bikes are liquid cooled...