Sign in to follow this  

dick's racing intellajet mod (250SX)

Hi guys,

As some of you know, I recently received my 2013 KTM 250SX, the previous owner has the intellajet mod on there however I cannot find any documentation online on how to tune it. I know of the knob that says "rich and lean" but to be honest after making a minor adjustment yesterday (turning the knob to make it richer) I didn't really notice any difference. I'm wondering how the adjustment is supposed to work. Does anyone know or can point me to docs online? 

PS - the bike runs flawless, AWESOME to be more precise, but I just want to fiddle with it because I can! 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by adamdf

Keep the intake filter on the control block damn clean or your top end will go lean at WFO and liquify parts... Don't ask me how I know.

Keep the intake filter on the control block damn clean or your top end will go lean at WFO and liquify parts... Don't ask me how I know.

Care to explain this further? I'm not mechanic, so fill me in if possible on this, much appreciated.

The intellajet adds fuel as the intake flow increases.  To do this it works like an eductor. The added fuel is controlled by the amount of air that goes through the control block (rick/lean adjuster).  If the filter is plugged or the air hose kinks the additional fuel is stopped.  This is not a major issue unless you have propperly tuned the carb for the added fuel of the intellajet system by using a leaner main jet. 

Plugged intellajet + already lean main + high speed runs at WFO = dead 2 stroke. 

Edited by moparmiller

Woah, thanks!

That somewhat helps. I also have the 36-39mm bore mod. 

if you ever want to go back to a stocker let me know..haha. Would love that carb! I just ended up getting the rm250 needle. Still wonder how an oval bored carb does in the higher rpms