Sign in to follow this  

TTR 230 Project

Just got this 2008 230 today, it was recently in a fire and has been made completely custom, motocross front end and swing arm, bars and custom exhaust, This bike hauls like a train and rides really good. im going to take the plastics off my 05 and put it on this since it is pretty jerry rigged haha. Just looking for some ideas on what to do?

IMG_0336.JPG

UPDATE!!!!

I switched the plastics, the bike looks good now, also switched over the carb, the bike had a old mikuni carb on it and im suprised it even ran lol but its completely fine now, bike runs better and hauls more. by far the best 230 ive drove yet. oil is leaking from the cam cover so im ordering a gasket kit tomorrow. she will be completely done in a week or so. and the best thing is is that it only took me and hour and a half to do all that and its the first project ive done

IMG_0338.JPG

Looking much better, get you a nice uncut stock front fender and that thing will be back in the game! :thumbsup:

Thanks, I tried getting the fender off but the bolt heads are stripped so im going to have to drill them out

Looking much better, get you a nice uncut stock front fender and that thing will be back in the game! :thumbsup:

Clint I got the fender on the front now but my chain popped off today and wrapped up around the crankcase and ripped the bolt off and it drained all my oil but I got JB weld on it now so hopefullly that willl