Sign in to follow this  

Extra spring?

I'm in the process of rebuilding my 02 yz250 and after putting both halves of the case back together I noticed this spring in the tray and I don't know where it goes, I can't find it anywhere in the manual in any parts explosions and I don't want to go any farther before knowing if this spring belongs in the case and if I need to separate them again or not. Please help!

1379373185052.jpg

Ahh man,that sucks! I'm not sure if it will help,but how about the sticky in the yz 2stroke section about "need help remembering how your ring dinger goes back together?"?

I hope you dont have to re-split the case!

I'll look through the sticky because I couldn't find this spring anywhere in any of the parts diagrams but no it's not the PV governor spring, we kept that together and that spring was painted violet on one side. I know it's not that spring and I'm hoping it's part of the clutch assembly and I'm hoping it'll just pop up and be obvious where it goes but I just wanted to see if anyone knew before I went any further in case I do have to split the cases again. :(:o

There a no springs between the cases.  The only places there are any internal to the engine are the clutch springs, power valve governor, shift shaft, and kickstart return gear.  Of that group the only springs that would come out during a disassembly are the clutch sprigns, shift shaft return spring (which is a tension spring) and the kick start disengage spring but that is much larger in diameter and lighter in coil cross section.  I don't think that spring came from this engine.

I'm almost positive it came from my bike, it was sitting with all my other parts (not but itself) and I've made sure no one has touched/messed with the bench where I'm working on this. But it's not the kickstart return spring, I know which one that is and it's in there. If your positive it doesn't belong in the cases then I guess I'll keep putting it together until I find where it goes!

Ahh man,that sucks! I'm not sure if it will help,but how about the sticky in the yz 2stroke section about "need help remembering how your ring dinger goes back together?"?

I hope you dont have to re-split the case!

Where is that sticky??? Not seeing it even when I search

Where is that sticky??? Not seeing it even when I search

Its in yamaha 2stroke section,its the 2nd sticky post. Its actually labeled parts microfiche something or other lol

Im trying to post the link,but idk how from my phone! I saved the link but cant find where my phone saved it to! Lmao

Still haven't found where the spring goes but she's going together nicely, it's taking a while since every part gets cleaned with solvent. Hopefully I find where it goes soon, if not I'm just going to assume it goes to my brother's yzf. Thanks for your input guys!

1379504578214.jpg

• Like 1