Sign in to follow this  

Sooo... I ran my dad over

So after running into a tree last week, my dad was a little sore but decided he would still race this weekend. Well after a horrible start I catch up to him and..... you'll see.

http://youtu.be/9RQklhFgs40

My buddy gave me crap for getting the bikes off the track before seeing if he was ok, but I know him and if he was seriously hurt he would have told me, but I heard them drop the second wave of bikes and didn't want more people to get hurt.

Glad we can laugh about it now, what are the chances father and son crash together?

• Like 1

Your grounded!

Haha im a little to old to be grounded but he did give me a good Charlie horse when we got back to the truck.

• Like 1

Your dad has not had very good luck recently haha.  Is he ok?

haha yeah he is ok. he is usually really consistent and never goes down but the last couple races have been rough for him.

My buddy gave me crap for getting the bikes off the track before seeing if he was ok, but I know him and if he was seriously hurt he would have told me, but I heard them drop the second wave of bikes and didn't want more people to get hurt.

From watching the video you made the right choice by getting the bikes out of the way and I think your dad would have agreed with you.  No since in getting anyone else involved, and like you said if he was really hurt he would have let you know.

That really is a bummer for your dad though, first the tree then this.  Hopefully he got his crashes out the way for the rest of the year!

• Like 1

That looks like an awesome track to race on, glad you guys are both ok. What an awesome hobby you and your father share.

AJ

"Get out of my way ol' man" - Chris856

"I made you, Ill un-make you" - Dad

lol... I hope you pops is ok. But that's pretty funny.....

• Like 2

That looks like an awesome track to race on, glad you guys are both ok. What an awesome hobby you and your father share.

AJ

Yeah I absolutely love the track!

That's pretty funny man. Glad he's ok. It's really cool that you and your dad race together. My son just turned 4, and I look forward to that someday, even if he runs me over! 

Yeah I love it man. im sure you and your son will have loads of fun!

From watching the video you made the right choice by getting the bikes out of the way and I think your dad would have agreed with you.  No since in getting anyone else involved, and like you said if he was really hurt he would have let you know.

That really is a bummer for your dad though, first the tree then this.  Hopefully he got his crashes out the way for the rest of the year!

Yeah he said I made he right choice haha. hopefully next weekend will be a little smoother for him, we get an off week this week so he can rejuvenate.

Kudos to dad for still racing and not just spectating!  Do you or he choose to share his age?  Keep it up dad!

The crash reminded me of the only time I ever ran over anyone.  He went down in a turn right in from of me.  I absolutely could NOT help it.  Actually, I'm still not sure if it was just the bike or him AND his bike. 

Edited by motoxvet

Kudos to dad for still racing and not just spectating!  Do you or he choose to share his age?  Keep it up dad!

The crash reminded me of the only time I ever ran over anyone.  He went down in a turn right in from of me.  I absolutely could NOT help it.  Actually, I'm still not sure if it was just the bike or him AND his bike. 

He is only 37 or 38. Hes actually my step dad but ive been with him since I was 4 or 5 and im 23 now. Its definitely not a good feeling seeing someone go down and not having anywhere to go but over them.

Did your dad get injured?

Your definitely grounded. haha

no he is fine, we finished the race just a little behind everyone lol.