Sign in to follow this  

Frame filter.

Were in the hell is this dang frame strainer on the 05 yz250fs? I cannot find it.. and do you fill the oil from the dipstickbin the frame or the cap on the left side of the engine? Im not an idiot just yamaha does some really weird things with their bikes.

Here is the first thing you need to study over.

http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/eu/services/owner-manuals/index.aspx?pl=EN&c=MC&m=&y=2010&l=EN

Now the quick answer to your questions are the strainer is located at the bottom of the frame front downtube. Pull the skidplate and you 'll see where the oil lines attach to the downtube. I can't remember which one but one of the fittings the lines attach to has a hex on it - pull the line and unscrew the strainer from the oil tank. When you fill it you do put the oil in the engine via the plug on the top of the left side cover (a.k.a. the stator cover). Then you have to run it for a minute before you check the oil level in the frame with the dipstick by the steering neck. Download and the read the manual - it has pictures and a step by step procedures on about everything you'll need. Clay

• Like 1

Here is the first thing you need to study over.

http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/eu/services/owner-manuals/index.aspx?pl=EN&c=MC&m=&y=2010&l=EN

Now the quick answer to your questions are the strainer is located at the bottom of the frame front downtube. Pull the skidplate and you 'll see where the oil lines attach to the downtube. I can't remember which one but one of the fittings the lines attach to has a hex on it - pull the line and unscrew the strainer from the oil tank. When you fill it you do put the oil in the engine via the plug on the top of the left side cover (a.k.a. the stator cover). Then you have to run it for a minute before you check the oil level in the frame with the dipstick by the steering neck. Download and the read the manual - it has pictures and a step by step procedures on about everything you'll need. Clay

Thanks I really appreciate it. I've had it up to my ears with this bike.. its been one big let down after let down. Nothing has been right and I just can't seem to get it right. I downloaded the manual last week and it already looks like its been in my garage for years. I've got the parts cat and I've done so much research on tt that my brain might just explode.. I think I'm trying to turn poop into gold I suppose.. and its certainly not working.:wacko:>_>:(