Seat concepts vs. Corbin saddle

I guess this is a 2 part question. I'm going to save for a seat and am curious which one is a better option.

The seat concepts is way cheaper but I can't tell by the one pic on their site how durable or beefy it is. Also anyone opt for the firm foam? Anyone go all carbon?

The Corbin is a beautiful seat but for $200 more I'm not convicted.

Please help me. If you've got one I'd love to see pics of them installed. I've seen the threads here but want to hear it again..

Thanks.

initial thoughts .... 
fit and finish are top notch 
this is a high qualitylb_icon1.png product no doubt about that.
appears to be very rugged
I measured the seat height and it was at 34&3/4's
I did not weigh the seat but it does weigh more than the stock seat ... again very high quality

The pic's don't really give it justice (taken with cell phone)
It still retains some contrast from the tank. I almost ordered the Red one. But for my tastes, I am glad I went went the black carbon look.

First ride:
When first mounting the bike it felt really hard and kinda odd. The first few miles I just kept thinking "I'm not to sure about this" as I continued to rack up some miles and experiment with different seating positions. I really started to appreciate the thought and research Corbin must have done with this seat.

When riding down the highway you need to scoot back just a little more than what you may be used to. After about 40 miles or so I could tell my money was well spent on this seat for street use.

Since its still cold and snowy here in Nebraska I could not hit the trails but what I did do was, When I got back to the neighborhood I scooted up in an aggressive position and hot rodded around back alleys and the like.

Conclusion: After I put the bike in the garage I couldn't stop myself from smiling and just looking at it. If you want to save moneyicon1.png I think the seat concepts would be a good option. I don't mind paying a little extra for quality and that's exactly what I got from the Corbin. No staples and heavy material with top notch workmanship. I am looking forward to breaking in this seat and after some time goes by I will post some more thoughts as this post is based off a 1 hour test ride.

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-327736-0-02720800-1360462948_thumb.
  • post-327736-0-00778100-1360462952_thumb.
  • post-327736-0-43398700-1360462956_thumb.
  • post-327736-0-82135000-1360462960_thumb.
  • post-327736-0-48153600-1360462964_thumb.
  • post-327736-0-47836500-1360462968_thumb.
  • post-327736-0-49105100-1360462972_thumb.
  • post-327736-0-51142700-1360462976_thumb.
  • post-327736-0-04644400-1360462981_thumb.
  • post-327736-0-01755000-1360462986_thumb.

I posted that in the spring ..... I still love the seat and have no regrets buying it at all. 

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 3

Hopefully several folks will chime in on this but here's my $0.02. I did the SC re-cover. I covered it my self and found it was pretty easy. All that's really required is a pneumatic staple gun. I had a $20.00 Harbor Freight special that worked great. My only issue with the SC is that the standard foam and cover make the seat effectively almost 2" higher. It's mostly the width of the front area of the seat forcing the legs wider apart. I was quite comfortable with the height of the stock seat but now I'm on my toes a little too much. If I had it to do over I would go with the SC low as I imagine it's near the stock seat height. The vinyl appears to be good quality and time will tell how it wears. I haven't experienced the Corbin for this bike but have experience with Corbin's on previously owned bikes. They are great quality seats that are well made and if you spend a lot of time in the saddle they are probably worth it. They are also quite firm as a rule. Comfort is very subjective....some don't like the firmness.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Hopefully several folks will chime in on this but here's my $0.02. I did the SC re-cover. I covered it my self and found it was pretty easy. All that's really required is a pneumatic staple gun. I had a $20.00 Harbor Freight special that worked great. My only issue with the SC is that the standard foam and cover make the seat effectively almost 2" higher. It's mostly the width of the front area of the seat forcing the legs wider apart. I was quite comfortable with the height of the stock seat but now I'm on my toes a little too much. If I had it to do over I would go with the SC low as I imagine it's near the stock seat height. The vinyl appears to be good quality and time will tell how it wears. I haven't experienced the Corbin for this bike but have experience with Corbin's on previously owned bikes. They are great quality seats that are well made and if you spend a lot of time in the saddle they are probably worth it. They are also quite firm as a rule. Comfort is very subjective....some don't like the firmness.

Good Luck!

Irish, how tall are you? I want the SC seat and am happy with the stock height. Im 5'10" with a 32" inseam. I'm surprised they would sell a standard height seat that is 2" taller and a low that is stock height.

• Like 1

Irish, how tall are you? I want the SC seat and am happy with the stock height. Im 5'10" with a 32" inseam. I'm surprised they would sell a standard height seat that is 2" taller and a low that is stock height.

Ditto, 5'10" & 32" ish.  I'm a little perplexed by that myself. There is no mention of the difference between the  SC "standard" and the stock seat height but it's clearly not the same. Again, I don't know how much of it is the shape difference in the seat that spreads your feet further apart and puts you up on your toes??  All I know is the stock height was perfect and now.....not so much! Has anyone else experienced this?

• Like 1

Ditto, 5'10" & 32" ish. I'm a little perplexed by that myself. There is no mention of the difference between the SC "standard" and the stock seat height but it's clearly not the same. Again, I don't know how much of it is the shape difference in the seat that spreads your feet further apart and puts you up on your toes?? All I know is the stock height was perfect and now.....not so much! Has anyone else experienced this?

I looked up on the SC website after reading your post. And they say the standard is 1/2" taller. So maybe with that combined with the width is the issue.

• Like 1

No experience with the Corbin seat, but it looks nice.

I got the SeatConcepts seat put on by the owners themselves at their headquarters and they gave me a "local riders discount.

We talked riding and about the seats for a bit as they worked right in front of me and did it for me.

I was told the low height seat had less padding and might not be as comfortable, so I went with the regular seat height, black gripper with carbon.

I am pleased so far. Quality seems high and the look is far better than stock. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1379429504.584025.jpg

• Like 6

No experience with the Corbin seat, but it looks nice.

I got the SeatConcepts seat put on by the owners themselves at their headquarters and they gave me a "local riders discount.

We talked riding and about the seats for a bit as they worked right in front of me and did it for me.

I was told the low height seat had less padding and might not be as comfortable, so I went with the regular seat height, black gripper with carbon.

I am pleased so far. Quality seems high and the look is far better than stock. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1379429504.584025.jpg

Looks good, thanks for sharing.  :thumbsup:

post-362615-13794295136511.jpg

:cheers:

• Like 3

Do you guys know if you can customize the the Seat concepts seats? I saw a pic of an all carbon one with red stiching on another bike but it doesn't show as an option for the CRF.

I'm pretty sure they will customize it however you like.  I sent them an email last week to ask about a tall seat for the CRF250L and they said there is not one offered, but if I sent them my seat, they could make a custom tall one for me.  It is an additional $100.

i have both.....low version seat concept with black gripper and red carbon on the sides, it is a nice seat and definitely for me better then the stocker....but my butt :moon: still hurt after about 30, 40 miles and that's just wasn't good enough...mind you I'm getting old and have issues....I wanted something that I could ride at least 100 miles an or more, I didn't know at this point if the corbin would fit the bill... so I wrote the big check and took a gamble after already spending close to 200 bucks for the SC... that was including the air stapler that I bought to put it together....trust me that hurt........I can now ride as long as I want to and feel good the next day! :banana:  :ride: The added plus is that it looks so damn good on the bike   :goofy:  If anybody is interested I have the seat concept for sale or trade. This post is not meant as put down for SC....it is a good seat and I haven't seen or read anything bad or negative about them ever. I have the same one that slolane has on his bike....As a side note....my nephew who lives next door has the same bike as I do, we ride together all the time, he is perfectly happy with the stock seat.... :ride:

• Like 1

WOW someone that has had all three seats--GREAT post thanks--so far i am also ok with the stock seat but down the road  who knows --other mods come first :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WOW someone that has had all three seats--GREAT post thanks--so far i am also ok with the stock seat but down the road  who knows --other mods come first :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No, :cry:  I only have two I had to destroy the stocker for the SC

• Like 2

I think new ones are cheap and used ones are cheaper.   ;)

:cheers:

Yes but didn't you ride with the stock one for a while?? Thats what i ment --so much for Assume i guess??

Yes but didn't you ride with the stock one for a while?? Thats what i ment --so much for Assume i guess??

Looking at it that way :thinking: ....yes I did have all three :thumbsup: ...It's been a long day  :)

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure they will customize it however you like.  I sent them an email last week to ask about a tall seat for the CRF250L and they said there is not one offered, but if I sent them my seat, they could make a custom tall one for me.  It is an additional $100.

They said they could add red stitching to an all carbon seat for an extra $20. I called, they answered. My type of business. I think for $180 that's the way to go. I may have them do the install for and extra $20. im told you need a pneumatic stapler and barbed staples that won't pull out of the plastic, i have neither.

Does anyone know a discount code for seat concepts? Right now I'm looking at $215 total, plus my fees for shipping it down there.

As always thanks, you guys are a big help.

• Like 2