Is it worth it?

I had my Xbox 360 posted on Craigslist and a guy texted me to trade for a 2000 YZ80 that needs a starter coil. The 80 has new chain, sprockets and a rear tire. He said the front number plate, front fender, rear fender, both side plates are new. The seat, and the rad shroud are beat up pretty good. He said its all tight as the bearings and such. It's bone stock though. I don't have a bike right now and really want one. I sold a CR85 and had a yz80 before but were both too small. But I think I should trade him then fix it and sell it or trade for a blown up 125? Anybody think its worth it, not worth it?

I would personally do it, but be aware you will spend money on the bike. Fix it up the best you can and flip it.

yea I think I will. The starter cool is just the coil correct? Cuz if so that's only $15 on eBay.. Then ill buy a new seat or cover and rad shroud for around $60 for both then ill replace any worn parts wich ill guess it'll need wheel bearings at the least. Ill probably end up $200 into it and sell it for around 800$. Thatt get me an early 2000 blown up 125!

yea I think I will. The starter cool is just the coil correct? Cuz if so that's only $15 on eBay.. Then ill buy a new seat or cover and rad shroud for around $60 for both then ill replace any worn parts wich ill guess it'll need wheel bearings at the least. Ill probably end up $200 into it and sell it for around 800$. Thatt get me an early 2000 blown up 125!

Make sure the motor is tight before anything, then wheel bearings and other stuff to follow, you can do a lot with a soda blaster and some elbow grease to get a bit of revenue for your next bike. Just remember in the end, your time is your most valuable asset. And while it is cool flipping bikes, If you are working towards a race worthy 125 your best option may be to get a job and continue flipping bikes as well.

Make sure the motor is tight before anything, then wheel bearings and other stuff to follow, you can do a lot with a soda blaster and some elbow grease to get a bit of revenue for your next bike. Just remember in the end, your time is your most valuable asset. And while it is cool flipping bikes, If you are working towards a race worthy 125 your best option may be to get a job and continue flipping bikes as well.

yea but I'm only 15. Only job I have right now is cutting firewood. I do about 8 hours on Sunday and like 4 on Saturday and usually 2-3 every weeknight. I usually make like $100-150 a week.