Sign in to follow this  

Cr85 v cr125

I'm 5'1, been riding for 11 years. Currently, I have a Crf150 and I have a difficult time getting on and off and crashes are terrible when I can barely lift the bike back up. My parents want me to get a smaller bike. A few questions.

- for my height and weight (5'1, 96 pounds) cr85 or cr125. (I'm dead set on honda, always treated me well)

-with my riding experience, how difficult would it be to get used to a 2stroke?

- big wheel or small wheel?

Thanks, I appreciate it(: and yes, I'm new on the forum and yes, I am a girl.

if you say that the 150f is too big for you than there is no need to get a big wheel 85, much less a 125

but both 2 strokes are way lighter than the 150f

heres the comparisons:

cr85: 32.4'' , 145 lbs dry (probobly like 170ish with gas, oil, coolant, ect.)

cr85 expert: 34'' , 145 lbs dry

150f: 32.8'' , 235 lbs 

cr125: 37.5'' , 210 lbs.

but theres a huge power difference between a 125 and a 85

a 125 has similar power to a modern 250f

an 85 is similar to a 230

IMO get a cr85 

if you say that the 150f is too big for you than there is no need to get a big wheel 85, much less a 125

but both 2 strokes are way lighter than the 150f

heres the comparisons:

cr85: 32.4'' , 145 lbs dry (probobly like 170ish with gas, oil, coolant, ect.)

cr85 expert: 34'' , 145 lbs dry

150f: 32.8'' , 235 lbs

cr125: 37.5'' , 210 lbs.

but theres a huge power difference between a 125 and a 85

a 125 has similar power to a modern 250f

an 85 is similar to a 230

IMO get a cr85

Definitely going with the 85! Any big differences between bikes from 2000 to about 2006? I'm getting it used.

Definitely going with the 85! Any big differences between bikes from 2000 to about 2006? I'm getting it used.

Idk if the 85's go through gens like the 125's, id just try and find the newest one that's the least beat

from 03-07 when they quit making them they were the same. The 2000-2002 is a CR80. Same thing but the 85s are much nicer.

Today a friend of mine bought a cr80 with an 85 motor in it, so far its been cool, haha, look for one of those

don't look for one of these. Th 03-07 85 has better suspension and everything not just a slightly not even noticeable Bigger motor. Get a cr85. Not a cr80 w/ a 85 motor. If you do that you'll be lacking on suspension plus the 85s have both radiator shrouds unlike the 80 so it looks better

don't look for one of these. Th 03-07 85 has better suspension and everything not just a slightly not even noticeable Bigger motor. Get a cr85. Not a cr80 w/ a 85 motor. If you do that you'll be lacking on suspension plus the 85s have both radiator shrouds unlike the 80 so it looks better

^^^ what he said, frankenbikes are terrible ideas, as is sarcasm over written text

^^^ what he said, frankenbikes are terrible ideas, as is sarcasm over written text

I own a shop a d repair bikes for a living. I think I know more about it then you. A cr80/85 motor is the exact same. But the cr85 frame/ chassis is way better. So why lose all the better suspension and looks for the exact same motor?

Exactly.

I own a shop a d repair bikes for a living. I think I know more about it then you. A cr80/85 motor is the exact same. But the cr85 frame/ chassis is way better. So why lose all the better suspension and looks for the exact same motor?

Exactly.

Good job on the shop, but I didn't say anything negative? Or that I know more than you? I mean granted I'm good with a wrench, but I don't fix for a living, and I was being serious, my first post was sarcastic, a cr80 frame with a cr85 motor is a terrible purchase, he bought it from the inner city from a guy who only knew like 12 english words, my apologies if I offended you

Good job on the shop, but I didn't say anything negative? Or that I know more than you? I mean granted I'm good with a wrench, but I don't fix for a living, and I was being serious, my first post was sarcastic, a cr80 frame with a cr85 motor is a terrible purchase, he bought it from the inner city from a guy who only knew like 12 english words, my apologies if I offended you

you did t offend me but I couldn't tell if you were serious or not. Sorry for seeming like a dick. LOL

you did t offend me but I couldn't tell if you were serious or not. Sorry for seeming like a dick. LOL

Nope not serious haha, no problem at all, and it also had a leaky head gasket, the guy dropped from 800 to 510 because he thought he fouled a plug, and it blew coolant out the exhaust when you kicked it, new head gasket soon then it should run fine, we already tore it down & cleaned what we could, the PO rattle canned the boot rub with the bike fully assembled, didn't do a good job either, its all runny and drippy like an 8-year old did it