drz400e safari tank install

Hey fellas

i just finally installed my 17L safari tank for my "E" model, i had some trouble getting the bolt holes to line up an as a result i removed the rubber grommit from the frame. The new tank came with a grommit fitted.

so the question is, was i supose to remove it/ does it matter if i removed it?. Either way unless it came off the new tank wasn't going on.

cheers for any help

LAZ

Hey fellas

i just finally installed my 17L safari tank for my "E" model, i had some trouble getting the bolt holes to line up an as a result i removed the rubber grommit from the frame. The new tank came with a grommit fitted.

so the question is, was i supose to remove it/ does it matter if i removed it?. Either way unless it came off the new tank wasn't going on.

cheers for any help

LAZ

You mean the big half moon one on top of the frame?

My tank fits nice and snug with rubber buffer in place and the mounting bolts line up almost perfect.

My tank did not come with a pre installed rubber on the tank so I used the OEM one which was already on the back bone.

Sounds like you have it sorted.

You mean the big half moon one on top of the frame?

My tank fits nice and snug with rubber buffer in place and the mounting bolts line up almost perfect.

My tank did not come with a pre installed rubber on the tank so I used the OEM one which was already on the back bone.

Sounds like you have it sorted.

well its not rubber its more like foam, what year model is your bike mate? mine is a 2012. the rubber gromit half moon one won't matter to much should it. i mean its a snug fit and not alot of movement. cheers for the reply too mate.

and yes the half moon shapped one sorry lol

Edited by Damotovlogga