Sign in to follow this  

front fender cross-over?

tried going through the cross-over sticky, but it's got so much garbage in it that it's just about impossible to search-needs to be re-done into a simple listing of parts, without comments, arguments,opinions...

I broke my front fender, and need to replace it.

What's out there that will fit a 300rr-would like to stay with white, with fender support (to hold headlight in place), but am open to suggestions.

Why is it so hard to find plastic for newer or older betas any kind of riding you do the fenders will be the first thing that get damaged on a crash what gives?

tried going through the cross-over sticky, but it's got so much garbage in it that it's just about impossible to search-needs to be re-done into a simple listing of parts, without comments, arguments,opinions...

I broke my front fender, and need to replace it.

What's out there that will fit a 300rr-would like to stay with white, with fender support (to hold headlight in place), but am open to suggestions.

If you see it's got so much garbage you are welcome to redo everything into a simple listing of parts and add it on to the thread. This is your thread as much as anyone. So go for it and clean things up and make an orderly simple listing of parts. Don't tell us... do it yourself. Everyone else has provided links . It does no good to grumble about how you don't like the format... unless you do something about it. As far as your fender goes ..do you not want another stock fender? If you don't I would think it wouldn't be very hard at all to adapt any fender you want. It's just up to you what style and color etc. Are the newer plastic bad? My 09' has great plastic. I've crashed alot and my front fender and all the other plastic has been quality. You'll just have to adapt or make something to support the headlight. I think I'd just go back and get a stock fender but you'll have to just get other fenders if you want a change and create something. So far I have never seen a Beta with a different front fender other than stock. You can be the first.. wait I take that back ..I did see someone on youtube that put a ktm fender in front but I think they took off the headlight and put a number plate.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

wasn't trying to bash anyone or anything: many people have been kind enough to find and share the collection of links to aftermarket and factory support sites.  It's a valuable resource for sure, but it's not what it's titled: crossover parts.

It would be nice to have a crossover parts listing, just a listing of parts that cross over: air filter=?, clutch=?? etc.

As for the fender: it broke when I slid into a fallen tree butt at high speed.  I was shocked to find it was the only damage, and lay no blame at all on the fender for failing-as I slid toward the impact, I was expecting a broken headlight, bent bars, cracked tank seam and tweaked forks and an ambulance ride.  Instead, the fender was cracked and I rode it another 100 miles that weekend.

I have it stiched together with wire to get me through the season, and have contacted the dealer I bought it from re: price for new stocker, but haven't heard back about a price-he may have stopped looking when I emailed him that it was going to last the season as it is- not sure.

Would prefer stock fender, in 2013 white, with factory graphics, just as it was.  Want to keep headlight as my bike is streetplated :)

I've got one from my 2012 RS. It's never even been opened.. If your interested make an offer.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1379897997.128944.jpg

wasn't trying to bash anyone or anything: many people have been kind enough to find and share the collection of links to aftermarket and factory support sites.  It's a valuable resource for sure, but it's not what it's titled: crossover parts.

It would be nice to have a crossover parts listing, just a listing of parts that cross over: air filter=?, clutch=?? etc.

As for the fender: it broke when I slid into a fallen tree butt at high speed.  I was shocked to find it was the only damage, and lay no blame at all on the fender for failing-as I slid toward the impact, I was expecting a broken headlight, bent bars, cracked tank seam and tweaked forks and an ambulance ride.  Instead, the fender was cracked and I rode it another 100 miles that weekend.

I have it stiched together with wire to get me through the season, and have contacted the dealer I bought it from re: price for new stocker, but haven't heard back about a price-he may have stopped looking when I emailed him that it was going to last the season as it is- not sure.

Would prefer stock fender, in 2013 white, with factory graphics, just as it was.  Want to keep headlight as my bike is streetplated :)

If you want to keep your headlight you cannot use another fender because:

a) the headlight mask sits on the fender via 2 pins

B) the headlight mask has recesses that fit the fender stiffener

c) you loose the fender stiffener

If you need a number plate, you can use the one from the 2012 cross country

I would try the 2014 red fender which flexes much less than the previous and also fits much better the headlight mask. Also it is not fitted with any graphics but you can fit the side ones (but not the BETA emblem on the front).

Another interesting option is to fit the white side covers

If you want to keep your headlight you cannot use another fender because:

a) the headlight mask sits on the fender via 2 pins

B) the headlight mask has recesses that fit the fender stiffener

c) you loose the fender stiffener

If you need a number plate, you can use the one from the 2012 cross country

I would try the 2014 red fender which flexes much less than the previous and also fits much better the headlight mask. Also it is not fitted with any graphics but you can fit the side ones (but not the BETA emblem on the front).

Another interesting option is to fit the white side covers

thanks for the info.

I need a headlight, so I need the stock fender.  I don't like the new mostly red look of the 2014's, like the white of the 2013 more (not a big issue though, it's usually covered in mud-just such a sexy bike that I hate to change it).  Never found it too flexible, so that's not an issue.