Sign in to follow this  

Where is the green?

So I did my first hare scramble Sunday and here I am in a huge field with all the rows of bikes lined up and I look around at all the Husky, KTM, Honda, Yamaha, GasGas, and I realize I am the only one in the whole race with a Kaw. So sad. No green bikes out there but mine! So the pressure is on me to do good not only for the home team, but for team green as well. Me and my KLX450 rolled across the finish line for the 2nd place, so I felt good that I represented.

Bill

• Like 3

Congratulations!

I am amazed at the people who consider the KLX450r to be more comparable the rest of the KLX line instead of the KX450. The KLX450r is a sleeper of sorts to unsuspecting people who are not aware of its actual specs.

• Like 1

Congratulations!

I am amazed at the people who consider the KLX450r to be more comparable the rest of the KLX line instead of the KX450. The KLX450r is a sleeper of sorts to unsuspecting people who are not aware of its actual specs.

Put the KX head on it if ya want it to run with the big boys. I ran a race a couple weekends ago up here that had a couple long stretches that you could leg it out....my KLX ate roost.  I hated those stretches cuz I knew folks I had just passed in the rocks would motor on by.

Right ON! I feel the same way most of the time. I'm the only KLX450 rider in the pack whether I'm racing or on a trail ride. Always feel like the underdog! I love it. :) Go Kawi!!! 

I ride with mostly orange bikes and I just tell them I could only afford the first k.

• Like 2

Congratulations!

I am amazed at the people who consider the KLX450r to be more comparable the rest of the KLX line instead of the KX450. The KLX450r is a sleeper of sorts to unsuspecting people who are not aware of its actual specs.

Everyone I meet thinks it's a KX . Well it is a KX, just detuned. Some day I may put a KX450 head on it but to be honest. .This bike has got more than enough power and torque for me and is PREDICTABLE.
  • Like 2

I feel the same as oiuytrew, I just came back from a South African national enduro, and I was the only green machine out there, however I didnt get a 2nd place but I did manage to finish... The KLX is an underated bike. I love mine.

If it aint green it aint a machine... lol

Going to a 24 hr enduro tomorrow in eastern Washington. 4 man team, I am the only green bike in the group, hope it brings the other bikes good luck!

I did my second hare scramble last Sunday. It was an ironman event 3hr.

In a field of 120, I saw one other green bike. Yah brother! I got 3rd in "C" class. Still waiting for times to be posted. I think I got in 14 laps but it was all a blur. Except those inside thigh leg cramps I got on the last lap... that part I remember clear.

How did your 24hr go Crazy Al?

I did my second hare scramble last Sunday. It was an ironman event 3hr.In a field of 120, I saw one other green bike. Yah brother! I got 3rd in "C" class. Still waiting for times to be posted. I think I got in 14 laps but it was all a blur. Except those inside thigh leg cramps I got on the last lap... that part I remember clear.How did your 24hr go Crazy Al?

4 man team, most everyone had 6, 27 laps, one dislocated finger, one Trail tech regulator that would not keep up, one flat tire on a KTM. Out of 16 in our class, open am, we got 3rd and 20th overall out of 100. Top guy got 31 laps. Thick fog at night, but we all rode hard and had a great time on the 20 mile course.

4 man team, most everyone had 6, 27 laps, one dislocated finger, one Trail tech regulator that would not keep up, one flat tire on a KTM. Out of 16 in our class, open am, we got 3rd and 20th overall out of 100. Top guy got 31 laps. Thick fog at night, but we all rode hard and had a great time on the 20 mile course.

that's a great event. Didn't make it this year, but last year smashed my Husqvarna on some rocks on the first lap, broke the fuel injection, waited around in the pouring rain til I got carted back. I brought my KLX450, but it had a trials tire on the back. Thought about swapping tires, but myself and another guy with a trials tire volunteered to sweep in the middle of that nasty storm at 4am. It was a riot....that mud was unbelievable. Did pirouettes for hours out there and finally finished a lap.  I won't ever do that again, but whenever there is good weather at the Ridge, there's great racing. :thumbsup:

Last year was a blast, we finished pretty good all things considered.

At some point, I'm sure I scanned you at the shack o' wasps :)  My buddy and I ran that thing half the night

I'll bet, we pitted next to the fire lane in the middle of pit row, I had the old brown and white motorhome from the 70s. Hope to see u there next year.

• Like 1

Need help blew my klx450r 09 up. Can I swap parts with kx

some 06-08 kx450 parts are interchangable but others arn't.

FYI this is not the best thread to ask these qustions. Start a new thread and stipulate what you are wanting to replace and the klx bretheran will be more than happy to help.

brush up on your grammar and punctuation it is a lot easier to read when I was on a mtb forum guy would run everything together and reading it would give me a headache dude what does losing your picture have to do with starting a new thread