So Discover Pass doesn't apply to other users?

Washington

This weekend I attended a Triathlon at a State Park in good ole washington.  Interestingly enough, participants parking in the state park did not have to have a discover pass nor did they have anyone checking........am I not right on the rules or is this correct?

Seems unfair to me

I suspect there is an exclusion for "events".  But all of my riding is an "event" and I have a DP. 

If there is an exclusion for events I disagree, to be fair everyone using a Park needs one.

RCW79A.80.080(4)( B) allows the State Parks and Recreation Commission to cut deals with event promoters and waive fees if they feel like it.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=79A.80.080

Is there an application process for us to get this done? When we have events?

Probably...If "they" feel like it.

If the process exists, it is not codified.

Ask the DNR if they have established an internal process yet.

I suspect that enough money is given straight to them, they'd for it.

If the process exists, it is not codified.

Ask the DNR if they have established an internal process yet.

I suspect that enough money is given straight to them, they'd go for it.

Edited by tod701

Hey Tod why the different treatment from the Parks and DNR???

I went fishing a few weeks ago and in my excitment to catch a humpy I forgot to leave my Douche pass on the dashboard so when I got back I find a ticket for $99.00 bucks and a little flyer on my windshield that says if you have a D-pass and forgot to put it out go find a park ranger immediately. So after loading the boat I go find said lady ranger, who was a real treat to deal with by the way, snaggle toothed old grump, anyways, I showed her my pass and she just crumpled up the ticket and sent me on my way.

At least the parks is willing to give us a courtesy reach around while they have us bent over, how come the DNR are such a bunch of hard-asses? Is it possible they are just now realizing that they got the short end of the stick when the D-pass went into effect and are smacking every ball sac then can just to prove a point? 

Edited by Rider 41

Hey Tod why the different treatment from the Parks and DNR???

Maybe because State Parks is in the public access business because that is what they do and the DNR is in the public access business because the law requires it?