Sign in to follow this  

Excel rims laced up and ready to go for yz 426 whos got em?

I'd like to find some excel rims for my yz 426 supermoto. The front would be 17X3.5 (with rotor and caliper spacer hopefully) and the rear needs to be 17x4.25 (with 44 tooth sproket and rotor hopefully). Can anybody point me in the right direction? Most websites sell the rim seperate from the spokes nipples and hubs. When I add that all up plus the price of rotors sprokets ect.. theyre $2000+ !!! and thats before tires.

The warp 9's come ready to go for about $500 each i was going to get those but ive heard some questionable reviews about warp 9, like the rotors warp 9 times out of 10. If your running these Id like to hear how theyre doing... I still might get them because I have heard some good things about warp 9.

thanks.

I run the Warp9's now after only ever using Exel's amd you know what, no dramas at all. My bike cops a caining on and off road and the wheels have held up great.

Yes the normal one piece front rotor isn't great (mine gets a hammering on the street, but hasn't warped yet) but you can pay the $50 or so bucks and upgrade to the Apex 2-piece one which looks pretty good. And all honesty when it's that much cheaper, you could bin the Warp9 rotor all together and still save a fortune.

I have warp 9's with the solid rotor. So far so good. I don't give them too much of a hammering apart from every now and then and the rotor still looks fine. As has already been said though, even if the solid rotor is rubbish you can still bin it and get a new one without too much outlay.

the first 2 solid rotors I got from warp 9 had too much run-out.  After the first one they sent me another one no questions asked.  After the second one they said they could send me a 3rd or cut me a deal on a floating rotor so thats what i did. 

When i need a set of rain rims or dirt rims i wouldnt hesitate to buy warp9.  The only 2 reasons I didnt go with them again is because they don't offer a 16.5 front, and they don't offer tubeless.  Both of which i needed/wanted.

Also remember they have a warranty!  If something breaks, rims, spokes, hub, send them the rim and $60 and they fix or replace it.  Nobody else does that.  I jumped my warp 9 rims, rode on the street, track, trails.  never any issues. Spokes always stayed tight and rims stayed true. 

If you go warp9, trust me, order the 2 piece rotor. I just got an invoice for the rotor only, shipped to me (in Australia) $182 usd. That's crazy for someone who bought the wheel set before these were available. I'm not impressed.

Where at in calif are you? Have these I am not using. Excel wheels and hubs with new tires ,sprocket rotors.

image.jpg

• Like 1

I'd like to find some excel rims for my yz 426 supermoto. The front would be 17X3.5 (with rotor and caliper spacer hopefully) and the rear needs to be 17x4.25 (with 44 tooth sproket and rotor hopefully). Can anybody point me in the right direction? Most websites sell the rim seperate from the spokes nipples and hubs. When I add that all up plus the price of rotors sprokets ect.. theyre $2000+ !!! and thats before tires.

The warp 9's come ready to go for about $500 each i was going to get those but ive heard some questionable reviews about warp 9, like the rotors warp 9 times out of 10. If your running these Id like to hear how theyre doing... I still might get them because I have heard some good things about warp 9.

thanks.

I have a older pair of warp 9 full wheel set up. They were sweet. Now I sold my 426 over 3 years ago. The wheels are looking rough. There beginning to peal and spokes are rusting up. Tires beginning to dry rot and tube is probably about to blow. I'm not looking to sell at this time just because I'm looking for another 426. But they were great wheels, held up great.