Sign in to follow this  

Few questions on adjusting suspension

I was just wondering if someone could give me some insight on this matter. I understand properly setting up your suspension is the best thing you can do to rid faster. Here's the problem I am currently out if a job and can't afford to get my suspension done by a professional. I can't afford to get it sprung for my weight yet so my question is until that point what should I do? I ride a 2004 yz250f and I weigh 190. I have played with the back spring damper but not the rebound. I haven't even touched the front yet. As I start to learn more an more about bikes I start playing with things an learning. Before I start playing around with the suspension though I figured I ask for some idea from people who actually know what they're doing. Any help is appreciate guys.

Edited by Oldsmar55

There is not much you can do other than play with clickers and preload on springs. Try adjusting 2 clicks at a time either in or out ride it and see how the change affects the ride.

Well if you go to Too Tech Suspension web page they have a really good setup guide in there.