Anyway to clean these brake pads ?

I took off the brake pads and saw they are glazed and hard. I tried to scratch them but thats not easy. I was thinking of using a dremel to get the hard layer off. Is that the right way to "clean" them  or do they need to be replaced ? They are pretty thick but the braking is not the best.

How much do they cost...any idea ?

20130917_125301.jpg

I took off the brake pads and saw they are glazed and hard. I tried to scratch them but thats not easy. I was thinking of using a dremel to get the hard layer off. Is that the right way to "clean" them  or do they need to be replaced ? They are pretty thick but the braking is not the best.

How much do they cost...any idea ?

Brakes are cheap depending on what type of material you prefer to use. I've seen front/rear sets on Ebay with free shipping for as little as 20 bucks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-REAR-BRAKE-PADS-YAMAHA-WR250-WR250F-2003-2009-2011-2012-FRONT-REAR-PADS-/290935749709?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2012|Model%3AWR250F&hash=item43bd1f3c4d&vxp=mtr

Regards,

BillD

Edited by debargew

i know 2 things I wanted to do it today so prefer to buy something local and atleast try to get something outta these incase they are usable

Sandpaper. Lay the paper down on a hard flat surface and rub the pads on them. That should remove any glazing.

Sandpaper. Lay the paper down on a hard flat surface and rub the pads on them. That should remove any glazing.

doesnt even scratch that pad :) I think I need a belt sander to get this off

Try harder....aluminum oxide is hard stuff; much harder than glaze/brake pad.  

Update. Even with the dremel I couldn't gwt the stuff off. Going to order new ones off ebay :)

I didn't look thru your link, but personally I prefer stock pads over all of the others. Just my opinion.

those are sintered all right.

Yeah those work great.