Kern River/ Kennedy Meadows

Hey guys, I just made a trip out to Kennedy meadows, and found my new spot. But is there a place where you can camp by the river, so you can fish and ride all at one campsite? Let me know! Thanks!

Damn.. Ive been trying to make this happen for two months now.... My work schedule screwed one of the planned trips up and someone else screwed up the other..

Did you stay at Troy camp ground? what were temps at night? Im still thinking I can get this trip in before the winter takes over.

Oh, any evidence of that fire that you saw riding any trails??

There was another site before Troy. Near the jackass trail where stayed. It was damn cold, plus they are restricting campfires so that sucked. But I'm sure they'll allow it again.

Must of been Fish Creek.  Did you stay in the campground on the left or the overflow on the right?

Hey guys, I just made a trip out to Kennedy meadows, and found my new spot. But is there a place where you can camp by the river, so you can fish and ride all at one campsite? Let me know! Thanks!

Yeah, take the monache jeep trail all the way until it dead ends right next to the river. Plenty of campsites around, just be sure that your rig can handle the trail with a dirtbike in it. I do it in my nearly stock 4wd Ranger with a bike in the back no problem, its just slow going.