Sign in to follow this  

oil dripping out valve cover breather tube

Did you crash recently? Outside of that, usually its very difficult to get oil in that tube because there isn't any oil near it, just splashes from the cam's.

It reads level with the center of the glass when cold, I need to change the oil, it is a New bike to me, how much oil does it take with a new filter ?

It reads level with the center of the glass when cold, I need to change the oil, it is a New bike to me, how much oil does it take with a new filter ?

2008 250sxf is 1.1L oil and 450/505sxf is 1.35L oil.  Had both so should be right.  Add the new filter and you'll be ready to ride! Just make sure you double check the level at the glass after it sits and drains down.

Check that the breather hose isn't pinched. If it is that could cause excess crankcase pressure and cause it to evacuate with more pressure kinda like putting your thumb over the end of a garden hose. There is always some oil atomized in the air within you crankcase when the engine is running and that may be building up in the hose at the head and being blown out by the excess pressure. Take the hose off, clean it out, and make sure it's routed correctly. Then keep and eye on it to see if its still dripping oil.. If the rings are shot you'd probably get excess crankcase pressure also but you would also be burning oil and smoking.