Sign in to follow this  

Number plate on bike

So,this weekend were going to ride off road, and I needed the sticker that allowes you to ride off road here in ID. My dad got the plate instead of the sticker, so I need to figure out how to mount the plate to the bike.Ideas? Also, it's a 2002 cr125 if that helps.

Honestly we have been checked several times and the rangers have never said a word about it. You could pop rivet it to your back fender.

rivet/ ziptie/ bolt it to your rear fender. The plate ONLY has to be visible from the rear if you are on a county roads or highway where a sheriff or highway patrol might see you. If you are trail riding or on logging roads the plate does not have to be visible from the rear. 

So if you decide you are going to use a paved road to get to the trail head.... you might want to buy a few small L brackets. Bolt 1 side of the bracket to the fender and the other to the plate.   

I pop riveted mine to the front # plate and have never had a problem......but then again there are no cops where we ride and the county roads we use to get there aren't heavily patroled. I'm in North Idaho...(Bonner County)....7B = Few cops

I pop riveted mine to the front # plate and have never had a problem......but then again there are no cops where we ride and the county roads we use to get there aren't heavily patroled. I'm in North Idaho...(Bonner County)....7B = Few cops

I'm in kootneia county(not shure if spelt right)

They won't bother you, i'm in kootenai county also as long as your tabs are current they won't care. Mount it however you can and don't think twice about it.

I'm in kootneia county(not shure if spelt right)

I've never been stopped in Kootenai county. Its probably a good idea to have the plate, but i wouldn't worry about how you have it mounted....

• Like 1