SKF Seal Head and Low Friction Piston Ring

I have my shock apart for the first time to change the oil and possibly adjust some shims.

I am putting on an SKF Seal Head and Low Friction Piston Ring.

I had the SKF Seal head in the package comparing it to the Stock one and it looks completely different.

My question is do the look completely different by design or should I be worried I got the wrong one.

Also what size is the o-ring on the outside of the seal head? It wasn't included. The stock one looks ok but I figure it might be good to replace it.

For the MX Tech low friction piston ring, how are you getting the old one off?

Are you having issues with the low friction on staying clamped on the piston?

Bike is a 2011 YZ450 with KYB Shock

Nice question and nice to know that the SKF Seal Head doen't have the o-ring included, i am about to buy that low friction seal head from SKF. 

So thanks to JB at Ride JBI answered all my questions in about 3 minutes.

For anyone else who may be installing one and wondering.

The SKF seal head is a single unit that has both seals integrated, no need for the o-ring. Which look

The separate part is a spacer to take up the height difference between the stock one.

The SKF seal head does look completely different from stock by design.

For the low friction band they have an installation guide on their website:

http://www.ridejbi.com/mx-tech-low-friction-piston-ring-lfpr-technical-guide/

So thanks to JB at Ride JBI answered all my questions in about 3 minutes.

For anyone else who may be installing one and wondering.

The SKF seal head is a single unit that has both seals integrated, no need for the o-ring. Which look

The separate part is a spacer to take up the height difference between the stock one.

The SKF seal head does look completely different from stock by design.

For the low friction band they have an installation guide on their website:

http://www.ridejbi.com/mx-tech-low-friction-piston-ring-lfpr-technical-guide/

JB is very helpful.  He did the suspension on my KTM 350SXF and was very easy to work with.  Plus the setup I got is amazing.

I am also running the SKF Seal Head and MXT LFPR in the rear shock.  The shock feels so much smoother overall but I am sure part of it is also the revalve.

Did you talk to him about the JBI Pro Perch at all?

Is it possible to use MXT LFPR with gold valves ?

NZB Thanks for the video this was very good.

From what I understand, Racetech manufactures their own pistons and probably puts some type of low friction band on them. I am not positive on this.

EdwardSMoto

I didn't get a chance to ask him about the Pro Perch but when I get into my forks I am definitely going to consider them.(That will be later on, I want to get this back together and ride before it gets too cold.)

Initially I wanted to just send my suspension to him for setup but I decided against this because he is so far away(If it needed changes or tweaks). I purchased the components from JBI and I am installing them.

NZB Thanks for the video this was very good.

From what I understand, Racetech manufactures their own pistons and probably puts some type of low friction band on them. I am not positive on this.

EdwardSMoto

I didn't get a chance to ask him about the Pro Perch but when I get into my forks I am definitely going to consider them.(That will be later on, I want to get this back together and ride before it gets too cold.)

Initially I wanted to just send my suspension to him for setup but I decided against this because he is so far away(If it needed changes or tweaks). I purchased the components from JBI and I am installing them.

You welcome JBL , i am about to do the same but with the gold valves, i'll install them my self  :)