2004 CRF250R oil seal problem

So I have a 2004 honda crf250r and I know I have a vad oil seal. I just don't know which one. My problem is that the oil is leaving the transmission(clutch side) and going into my crank side. And input would be much appreciated! I'm assuming that its the clutch side crank seal but I'm not 100% sure.

This just happened to my 05 as well and waiting for part's but haven't started the repair yet. Most likely today or tomorrow.

I have the Clymer service manual for our bike's which detail's the procedure ( luckily we can do this with the engine in the bike!) If your doing this yourself, you might want to pick one up

I found a fair bit of info in this forum re this problem.

I going do the seal's on both side's since the part's them self's are cheap but for sure the crankseal on the right side. I used the OEM part finder at bikebandit to determine the part number's.

I've ordered left and right crankseal's plus the other seal's for both side's, and the gasket's for the cover's etc.

I'm going to do the right side first, then check etc

FYI - If the left side seal's had failed and drained the crank side to the tranny, the motor may have seized hence this is why going to do these at the same time

FYI - If the left side seal's had failed and drained the crank side to the tranny, the motor may have seized hence this is why going to do these at the same time

Actually, if the left side failed, you would have dirty engine oil contaminating already filtered engine oil.  It would not go into the transmission...

Well I took the right side apart and I found that the crank shaft seal is all bubblie and old looking. I'm oretty sure this is the problem so I ordered a new one. I also found a tiny hairline crack just underneath where the right side head bolt goes down too. Should I be worried about this or is it normal? It almost doesn't even look like a crack it just looks like a bur in the metal.