Sign in to follow this  

will xr100 parts fit on 2013 crf80?

I am looking to make this 80 a little bit better on the trail. bigger wheels are my starting point, I know on the older bikes parts were interchangeable. can anyone tell me if this still holds true? I don't want to spend money on parts that aren't going to fit. if anyone has any experience with swapping a 100 swingarm onto a newer 80, or if anyone has a 100 and would be willing to take some measurements of the swingarm I would greatly appreciate it. or if anyone knows where I could find a list where this info is already compiled and point me in the right direction would be great thanks

Forks, wheels swingarms, shock linkage are all swap-able from 85-to present I believe. The 80 and 100 use different chains, 420 vs 428 so keep that in mind. Either chain will work on both bikes with the proper sprockets though. On a side note, I have a like new, black BBR frame cradle, triple clamp for sale and also some XR100 forks with BBR springs and a shock with the BBR spring also. The triple raises the bars and allows you to lower the forks to raise the front end a bit too. PM me if you are interested in some or all of it

thanks Iseann, this is going to be my winter project

the frames are the same. differences are engine size, chain size, fork length, swing arm length, spokes, and rims. everything else is pretty much the same. you might need a new cable for the front brake, and a new rear brake linkage when you switch to 100 parts.  

the frames are the same. differences are engine size, chain size, fork length, swing arm length, spokes, and rims. everything else is pretty much the same. you might need a new cable for the front brake, and a new rear brake linkage when you switch to 100 parts.

Definite yes on the front cable and rear brake linkage. Kickstand too, if I remember correctly.

yep. bigger wheels and tapper suspension means more ground clearance, so longer stand.