Fork seals D.I.Y?

Hi guys I'm new to ThumperTalk so please forgive me if i've posted in the wrong forum ?

Okay so to start out I will say I'm 15 and have a pretty good understanding of automotive engineering (i think) and the fork seals on my 99 wr400 need replacing, I live in South Australia so parts for my bike are really expensive if i get them from the local shop (i recently picked up 260 worth of parts for 112 in ebay for my water pump) so I'm thinking of grabbing the parts of of ebay (excluding oil) and doing the forks myself. i have the clymer workshop manual and was wondering if it was a job i could undergo myself to save on labor as i do not yet have a job. i was also wondering if i will need any parts other than oil seals, dust seals and oil.

Thanks

Okay, thanks to all. bikedude987 my seals are only leaky not coming out to fast, will i still need the bushings?

Hi Dale, I guess being a 99 model the bushings have never been done, do the lot, look up pyramid parts on eBay & buy a complete fork rebuild kit, your gonna have it all apart anyway, so take your time, double check your self, follow the manual & YouTube it, you will be fine, I thoroughly recommend an adjustable seal driver & seal bullet especially if your gonna be into dirt bikes for awhile, flush the sludge from the bottom of the tube with a bit of petrol & leave upside down for a day to drain & dry, ROOSTA out.

Okay, i have no idea what has been done to this bike other than a top bottom and clutch rebuild about 5 hours before i had it so i will change the bushings. as for the seal driver if i cant pick one up what would you recommend to use? would a bit of drain pipe cut down the middle work? and will some of those fabric fork seal savers be worth the extra money?
Thanks for the help ?

usually when your seals leak it is because you have dirt trapped in them OR the bushings are worn out, not the seals.  so yes, take the extra 5 mins per leg and do the bushings.  a decent seal driver makes all this worlds easier, a must in my book. If you can afford a dirtbike, you can afford a 40$ seal driver that will last forever.....