Sign in to follow this  

MX TECH SSBCV "HUCK VALVE" 1 or 2?

So I have decided to buy Huck Valve, but since it costs a lot. I´m really considering of buying just one. I have e-mailed mx tech, but all they said is that one is ok on some models, but 2 is best. So I´d like to hear what you guys think? Bike is crf450r 13, with Showa 48mm.

I had the huckvalves on my 12 250 sx. I went with 2. absolutely alsome. but , expensive

• Like 1

As they only work near bottoming I would just go for one

Hi everyone.. It’s been a while.  I noticed this post while doing a google search.  

The Question was asked.  "What’s a Huck valve"

It’s a bottoming management system that operates independently of the other traditional fork tuning systems.

Because it is independent its response as well as the others can be optimized for ideal performance. Meaning simply feel can be improved and control not sacrificed. It started as one concept and like most things has evolved significantly since I originally designed it. We have versions for most applications, and even some for the shock are under development. It all stems from our involvement and expertise in tuning with PDS systems over the last 20 years.

It’s true it’s the last 30% of the stroke in most cases,  But it’s a 30% percent that is very memorable and impacting to suspension and overall bike handling. As the guy who developed it, I am often surprised by how significantly fork set-up (And now shock) can be changed for the better when you can address this aspect of set-up independently.

Additionally it’s been asked about one or 2. In most cases 1 is not an option. For a multitude of reasons, and in a few others its possible and ok. Like KTM 2 strokes.                       

Anyway here a few pictures of different models of it. They all combine elements of Speed (Valving controlled)  elements and position controled, with a final pure exponential stop. 

We post our developments on our company Facebook page. Make sure you look at that if you are into the bleeding edge of our product development

02mzhv-0001marzocchissbcv_zps437eab11.jp

Image of traddtonal SSBCV..

02shhv-000448mmsffssbcv_zps140b22eb.jpg

PSF and SFF style..

2013MXTR3SBBCVWPShock_zps06077d14.jpg

Shock System.

I think what it boils down to for me is that I felt that there where lots of low hanging fruits that with technical skill could be addressed in ways that traddtional valving methods did not.So I wanted to go in a new direction and try to solve other problems that would compliment the work of other tuners and valving experts.

Hope that helps improve the understanding of my system. 

Jer

Edited by Jeremy_Wilkey
  • Like 3

So I have decided to buy Huck Valve, but since it costs a lot. I´m really considering of buying just one. I have e-mailed mx tech, but all they said is that one is ok on some models, but 2 is best. So I´d like to hear what you guys think? Bike is crf450r 13, with Showa 48mm.

Not to be a weenie, but the 13 Honda 450 has KYB forks. Unless you stole a set off of a 250F