How many hours will my 300's bottom end last?

My 1st top end lasted 125 hours, the piston looked pretty good but was ready to be replaced.  I checked for play on the rod while changing the piston, the bottom end had zero play in it.. but how many hrs will the bottom end last?? 

Any where from 1-800+ depending on your maintenance, riding style, remembering to put oil in fuel, riding conditions, and some luck. I usually don't even think about cranks until around the 300 hour mark.

Any where from 1-800+ depending on your maintenance, riding style, remembering to put oil in fuel, riding conditions, and some luck. I usually don't even think about cranks until around the 300 hour mark.

I clean the filter religiously, always mix gas with good synthetic oil at 50:1.. I'm a decent A rider but I typically don't rev out the bike like it's a 125, I prefer nasty technical riding which keeps the RPMs kinda low and tractable.  So by my 3rd piston at 375 hours is when the crank may need a rebuild??  We'll see and hope for the best.

At 375 it may, but wouldn't be surprised if it was still fine. It becomes kind of a "peace of mind" thing for myself at that point. Good ridin!

It is a big variable for sure.  The bearing cage in my 08 300 started coming apart at 375 hours. 

Edited by mmartinyz

My old 09 300 went something like 584 hours before bottom end.

Joe

I have about 230 hours and still original piston/ring- still looked very good.

But I run it very low rpm most of the time.