Sign in to follow this  

staple guns

im on my third staple gun from lowes,  first two were manual and then got frustrated and bought a electric HD arrow.  and the staples still dont set.  putting this cover on is becoming a pain.  and no I do not have air so pnuematic is out.

I've got news for you,the electric guns are too weak at least the 2 I bought.You need air, sorry.

agreed

you need air 

I do my  PWC seats and manual t50 was  not  cutting it  the electrics are worse 

I bought a nice long nose stapler  on ebay and use stainless staples   like this   http://www.amazon.com/Unicatch-USC71-16L-US2238AL-Upholstery/dp/B004WOKWGW

if your not wanting to spend the coin  on the tools  take the cover to someone 

Edited by Zimman

Local upholstery shop I'd say is your best bang for buck. Got one of my bikes covered a few years ago for 20 bucks.

Figured that. Also cant get gun in the grooves. The safety doesnt touch. Oh well bought a new seat. It will be my third in a month

if your not wanting to spend the coin  on the tools  take the cover to someone 

i have no problem dropping coin on tools.  my wife does though.  and i should own a compressor by now but keep buying parts for quads and bikes.  hahah

my weak electric one worked with short 1/8th staples. I have alot of air tools now so I use that now.

Standard old-school Arrow brand manual staple gun worked fine for recovering my seat. As long as I had the gun pressed right up to the plastic, and held the plastic on a very solid surface, each staple went all the way home.

Thats the key to making it work. Put pressure on it , i used a electric arrow , and it worked , you just have to push down on it.

Standard old-school Arrow brand manual staple gun worked fine for recovering my seat. As long as I had the gun pressed right up to the plastic, and held the plastic on a very solid surface, each staple went all the way home.

....X2. A regular hand held staple gun does work, it just takes a little patience and sometimes an extra set of hands to hold the cover in place. I usually will hold the seat against my thigh on push it against the work bench. Press the gun HARD into the plastic so it doesnt try to "pop" away from the plastic when the staple is going in. Upholstry shops work also but I can usually get it done in the time it takes just to drive to one.

I have done over 10 seat covers, all using a staple gun from Lowe's, but get the higher end one and use short staples, works just fine.