Sign in to follow this  

Newby with YZ250

Hello Guys,

I'm new to this Dirt Bike world, and just wanted to say hello. I just bought a '99 YZ250 as my first dirt bike. I've been riding street for the past 15 years, and had all kinds of bikes, but currently have an '06 R1.

Anyways, I have no clue about dirt bikes, except to start it and ride :), so any pointers to start off with would be greatly appreciated. Yes and I've been reading the forums trying to learn a thing or two:)

Have a good day.

photo.JPG

• Like 1

you tube has tons of training videos. Shane Watts has some good ones. Check out the trials training videos. Enduro training videos. Join a local off road club and ride!

Congrats on your bike.  Take care of it and it will be tons of fun for a long time.  This is a great site to ask questions.  Lots of good people here.  Feel free to email me if you want to mrjata@hotmail.com.  I have been riding 2 cycles and racing them for over 30 years.  I will be glad to help you.

Ride hard, take aspirin and repeat as necessary.

oh, ya, I like Klotz oils.  Never an oil related issue, even at over 20,000 rpm.

• Like 1

Oh ya!!!!!!  Get the service manual!!!!  Ebay for cheap.  You can get one online for free on this site but the book is more handy.

The link to the free manual from Yamaha of Australia in PDF form is now in the FAQ area at the top of the page.  Exact copy of the paper version from Yamaha

• Like 2