Sign in to follow this  

Beta FMF exhaust deal on ebay

This is an awesome price. Go get it if ya want one.. It's for 09 and earlier .. It used to be $350 to buy if I remember right.. I don't think they sold big because the stock pipe is good' . It's lighter and makes a little more noise. If you take out the insert you can make a lot more noise.  I can't feel much power difference between stock and the fmf with the insert in..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FMF-Q2-spark-arrestor-muffler-silencer-Beta-250-400-450-525-slip-on-exhaust-/321209607978?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ac995a72a

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

I knew that FMF made a PowerCore 4 slip-on for the earlier RFS Betas however this is the first time that I have seen a Q2 available.  The PowerCore 4 has two screen type SA inserts available, one which is too loud and a smaller one which is tolerable.  I believe that the Q2 was the original 'quiet' slip-on version with a Krisman SA.   

• Like 1

I ordered one of these Q2 exhausts for my Beta on 9/19/13 right after I saw the first post.  Apparently I got the last one available.

• Like 1

A few years ago I studied the internal anatomy of the Q2 exhaust and it appeared to be basically identical to that of the KTM EXC/MXC muffler, i.e. straight through front section with fiberglass packing and a Krisman SA rear section.  This has proven to be a highly efficient muffler design and has worked well in my three KTM's, and is not overly loud.  It should work well on our Beta's.  88 dollars plus shipping was one heck of a deal!

Edited by Chas_M

A few years ago I studied the internal anatomy of the Q2 exhaust and it appeared to be basically identical to that of the KTM EXC/MXC muffler, i.e. straight through front section with fiberglass packing and a Krizman SA rear section.  This has proven to be a highly efficient muffler design and has worked well in my three KTM's, and is not overly loud.  It should work well on our Beta's.  88 dollars plus shipping was one heck of a deal!

I just installed and test rode my Beta with the new FMF Q2 exhaust.  I first 'blue-printed' the Q2 by grinding away a mild restriction just after the Krizman SA.  Compared to the FMF Powercore 4 exhaust that I had been using the sound from the Q2 is much more pleasant, not as loud, and is just as strong if not stronger.  The Powercore 4 with the regular SA insert is just plain obnoxious and way too loud.  With the quiet SA insert it is tolerable but just barely.  

I just installed and test rode my Beta with the new FMF Q2 exhaust.  I first 'blue-printed' the Q2 by grinding away a mild restriction just after the Krizman SA.  Compared to the FMF Powercore 4 exhaust that I had been using the sound from the Q2 is much more pleasant, not as loud, and is just as strong if not stronger.  The Powercore 4 with the regular SA insert is just plain obnoxious and way too loud.  With the quiet SA insert it is tolerable but just barely.  

Thankyou! I just got mine yesterday and I was just going to stash it for later. Your report makes it sound like I have another little project putting this q2 on.