Sign in to follow this  

Shifting while standing

I just pivot my ankle to change up and lift my toes slightly to change down a gear. It depends on the position of your shift lever too. If your lever isn't in the right position you'll find it harder to change gears.

I like to bang em' off quick without the clutch when using full throttle acceleration.  That way the acceleration is seamless and you don't have to shift your weight around and/or upset the bike.  If I'm not accelerating too hard I might use the clutch.  Biggest thing that can go wrong is accidentally catching the shifter (and shifting down) when (mis)placing your foot for an upshift.

Sometimes this makes me chuckle.....when the bike needs to be shifted somehow,someway your body shifts that bike. Sitting or standing makes no difference. Your body will shift that bike.

• Like 2

Sometimes this makes me chuckle.....when the bike needs to be shifted somehow,someway your body shifts that bike. Sitting or standing makes no difference. Your body will shift that bike.

x2 unless you have your lever is some awkward position. you want to have it slightly higher than level with the peg.