04-08 Nissan Titans

Anybody own one?  I'm looking to buy a 04-08 Titan.  Anything that should be pointed out as common problems?

I have an 06. Bought it new and it has 92k miles. It has been a pretty good truck overall. I have had to replace a couple axle seals and it needed exhaust manifolds replaced. This was all under warranty. The 04-05's had lots of rear axle problems and they fixed it in 06. It has good power and not so good mileage. Are you looking to tow with it?

I have an 06. Bought it new and it has 92k miles. It has been a pretty good truck overall. I have had to replace a couple axle seals and it needed exhaust manifolds replaced. This was all under warranty. The 04-05's had lots of rear axle problems and they fixed it in 06. It has good power and not so good mileage. Are you looking to tow with it?

That sums it up pretty well. I had an 05, probably overall my favorite 1/2 ton pickup that I've owned or driven. I got about 17mpg non-towing with mine.

I've got an 05 Frontier, but I my truck shares the same axle so I'll echo those issues.  I've grenaded my spider gear (which ended up being a good thing because I replaced them with a TrueTrac diff which is AWESOME) and am constantly blowing axle and pinion seals.  This is with mostly highway driving, I'm rarely off-road and only tow a couple times a year, and I'm normally pulling around 2000lbs.  I still love my truck, and the Titan would be high on my list if I ever decided to look at a 1/2 ton.  BTW, I only get 17mpg in my truck as well.

Titantalk is a good forum to check out, a lot of good info there.  I've been on there a few times since the Titan and Frontier share a number of components.

I have an 06' SE and I love it. The common issues have already been stated here, exhaust manifolds and axle seals. The plus about the manifolds is you get to install headers instead :) I have made a few modifications to my truck, JBA long tube headers, Cajun 2.5 catless B pipes, and UPREV custom tuning. It's really easy to get some more ponies out of these trucks. Even with the mods I get up to 18mpg on the interstate loaded full with bikes and gear. Of course that is only when I can keep my foot off the gas.

One of the worst half tons for fuel mileage but otherwise decent trucks.

I had (two other vehicles since) an 05 and traded in at 110,000 miles.

One brake recall ($0). One electrical relay relay for the blower (can't recall but was really cheap).and the infamous manifold cracks (not too bad on mine though)

The struts were really tired at the end, Even if the heaviest load I carried was a 250 YZ.

Other than that:  oil changes, tires, and lots of gas!.

Actually was good for a 5.6. Around 14-15 in town and up to 20 on Highway

I miss it.

Today I am driving the "it is not a truck/soccer mom truck/[spit your venom here]" Honda Ridgeline and I enjoy it.

it just burns more gas with way less grunt and power

I put a Billy boat exhaust on the Titan and it really opened up. More free rev, less engine braking

My eyes are still getting watery when I'm waiting next to one at a traffic light

Bottom line: get one and enoy