Sign in to follow this  

07 yz250 cyl base gasket

Is there a company that makes a thicker cyl  base gasket for the yz 250? has any one doubled up 2 stockers? Thanks, Gary

why would you want to?

you can always buy gasket material of a desired thickness and trace the oem gasket and cut it.

It seems like when doing top ends diff gaskets seem beefier /stiffer reinforced. I had read somewhere that a slight change in port timing by way of a thicker gasket really makes for a nice woods power delivery and drops the compression slightly. was thinking of doing an experiment

i emailed mxa and asked them the same question a couple of year's back.here's the email.

hi mxa
if i add an extra base gasket to my 2008 yz 250 two stroke will it smooth out the power and make it easier to ride??
mark

In truth that would be a very bad idea. Although adding an extra base gasket would lower the compression, it would also raise the ports. And since two-stroke runs based on the height of the ports in relationship to the top of the piston, you would drastically effect the performance of your YZ250 two-stroke by raising the port height. What you might be thinking of is adding two head gaskets, this would not raise the ports, but would lower the compression (by raising the head). Perhaps a simpler solution would be to run a rear sprocket with one less tooth on the rear. This would tame some of the hit in the lower gears and spread the power out.

Hope this helps,

Jody

It seems like when doing top ends diff gaskets seem beefier /stiffer reinforced. I had read somewhere that a slight change in port timing by way of a thicker gasket really makes for a nice woods power delivery and drops the compression slightly. was thinking of doing an experiment

You are half correct. If you lower the cylinder with a thinner base gasket it will help lowend woods power. Thicker base gasket would do the opposite. if you are serious about lowend power have .030 inch milled off the base of the cylinder. And the head machined for smaller .045 inch squish band and setup for whatever fuel you like to use

Watch this,

• Like 1