Sign in to follow this  

RFS KTM BETA hiflo minos hiflo impellar?

So this is just a question for anyone who has put this or one similar on their RFS engine ktm or Beta..  How does it run? notice any cooling? There is a 15 degrees cooler claim but it just being cooler is good to know. I haven't got one. I'm thinking of getting one but it isn't high on the list for my 09 525 Beta yet. I still have some fluidyne radiators to install. I figure I might as well put this on too to max out on cooling since I have just about everything else to improve cooling on my bike. I know some guys have this on their RFS run quads too.

http://www.ktmatvhq.com/forum/sx-engine-carb-drivetrain/3311-hardparts-waterpump-impeller.html   Thanks for any info ahead of time.

http://www.mino.nl/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=74&category_id=68

Does it still boil over with a fan?

It works fine.  It's running the coolest so far.  It's also summer  and I've been stopping more and more conscious of what puts it in a steaming situation. The fan goes on regularly and the overflow tank works.. The harder overheating periods are in the wet , no wind, riverbed not moving much and slipping the clutch situations.  the.. party  in the mud rocks and roots and hills slow action.... that overheats all bikes. I have a set of fluidyne radiators to go on too. I just wonder if the impellar has good results for the RFS. I'm just looking for feedback from those who have tried it. I'll probably add it on if it's significant enough or not if it makes no difference. The boyesen waterpump and impellar on my cr works . I figure it should be similar. The bike is running as cool as what I can expect for a RFS 525 motor in tight technical trails which from what feedback I've gotten isn't the greatest for what I'm forcing it to do. Beyond evans coolant which I prefer not to use the minos impellar is about the only thing left that I don't have on my bike (after the fluidyne rads to go on).

Ask the guys over on ktmtalk under rfs bikes, think it would be a good upgrade and part of maintenance step.

You'll like the Fluidyne radiators, quite a difference in cooling. :thumbsup:

You can also parallel this to the stock fan on the other side. It moves a serious amount of air. You'll have to do the DC conversion if Beta hasn't already.

http://www.amazon.com/Electronics-PFB1212UHE-F00-120x120x38mm-Cooling-connector/dp/B004Y15ALK

• Like 1

You'll like the Fluidyne radiators, quite a difference in cooling. :thumbsup:

You can also parallel this to the stock fan on the other side. It moves a serious amount of air. You'll have to do the DC conversion if Beta hasn't already.

http://www.amazon.com/Electronics-PFB1212UHE-F00-120x120x38mm-Cooling-connector/dp/B004Y15ALK

Thanks! The fan sounds like a great idea . I never thought of that or seen anyone else with this. I don't know how much room I have especially with the big tank and the fluidynes.I have the DC conversion already. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Actually if you have any computer friends, they probably have a bunch of them laying around. I probably have 5 or 6 that our computer guy gave me when I was still working.

There's quite a difference in flow rates. The ones I posted aren't usually used because they are way too loud for the average PC user, not a concern for us.

Still no takers on the bigger impellar info.   I see thumper racing has it for sale too.

http://thumperracing.net/ktm%20hi%20flow%20water%20pump,%20kit%20high%20flo

Ahh I found one thread with a comparison picture..nice.

http://www.ktmatvhq.com/forum/xc-engine-carb-drivetrain/3857-hi-flow-impeller.html

Don't want to start a war here but see my thread on the Evens Coolant. It's another option along with the water pump. 

No war at all. Yea that is another avenue that is actually much simpler and maybe smarter.  I have been concerned about the high temps still there but no boiling. The no boiling is a good thing. The high temps.. I'm not so sure. It would be simpler and less expensive. I just preferred going to where the temps just are cooler outright. If that's possible. 

Travis at ThumperRacing included a Hi Flo WP on my 565 build but I can't really say how much it helps.  I have never had any trouble with overheating with the stock rads but of course under slower more grueling conditions the fan turns on at around 207 F (97.5 C) fairly frequently.

• Like 1

Travis at ThumperRacing included a Hi Flo WP on my 565 build but I can't really say how much it helps.  I have never had any trouble with overheating with the stock rads but of course under slower more grueling conditions the fan turns on at around 207 F (97.5 C) fairly frequently.

That in itself gives credence to the benefit of this bigger impellar.Thanks!  Not many have gone all out like you have for your Beta. Your efforts to improve your bike motivate me to upgrade too.  My original plan was to keep my Beta for a very long time.  I'd like a nice 12' factory 498rr made street legal but other times I think of just keeping to my original plan...keeping my rfs Beta and just doing it better and better and keep improving the bike. as time goes on. I realy still like my 09 anyway.  Really what really needs the most mods have  to do with my fitness. Actually I still love my bike. The newer may be better but I do like that the rfs motor is known for being tough and super reliable.