Sign in to follow this  

First MX race

Meant for beginners, kept holding my breathe on jumps and eventually triggered my asthma. Finished dead last.

Hey man, at least you did it....tell yourself to breathe if you need to. Make sure you give it another go.

Edited by DEMI
  • Like 1

Exactly what DEMI said, at least you did it. My first couple races I got dead last. But it was still a ton of fun.  

Congratulations - if you look at your own video, you were hangin with those guys until you missed a shift. Them they started to pull away a bit.

Work on cornering that's where you can pick up speed. Everybody can grab a handful of throttle and pin it. Those who can get through the corners fast win.

This make me want to try track riding!! Thanks for posting. What did you come out learning from the experience if ya don't mind (us) asking?

This make me want to try track riding!! Thanks for posting. What did you come out learning from the experience if ya don't mind (us) asking?

Breathe, the track is different than my regular 2 hours races, be ready for the sprint. Work on cornering. Quit being nervous, I'm a better rider than I give myself credit for much of the time. Confidence is just as important as bike setup.

Were you riding a 250f? If so, were there 125 2t's or 2502t's?

I was on a wr250, it was a 30+ class so all bikes were allowed.

• Like 1

Nice! Did you have fun at least? I raced for the first time a few weekends ago and finished last but I had fun doing it and that's all that matters. That's why we ride.

I think I'll have more fun the next time out.

it's only a # on a piece of paper:)  i finished nothing because i'm too chicken and have no confidence at that level, so be proud of yourself and continue ot have fun!

ps jealous im too chicken haha