06 Rmz 450 CDI/ECU Mod Worth It?

I have an 06 RMZ 450 and am looking to get more power out of it. I have just had the engine completely rebuilt due to my stupidity and getting it stuck in the mud and sucking up some water/sand. I did put stage 1 exhaust and intake Hotcams in but want add more HP. I have seen some performance CDI/ECU boxes for my bike and am wondering if it will actually improve torque and horsepower like they claim. I am pretty skeptical on this and want to hear other's opinions on this. Thanks for the help!

Here is a link to what I am looking at http://www.ebay.com/itm/Performance-CDI-ECU-Suzuki-RMZ450-05-07-Increased-HP-Torque-PE-C-MS450-A-/290923826397?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43bc694cdd&vxp=mtr

Note: The 06 is not fuel injected

Phone pics 490.jpg

You can still change the timing map around. I had a Vortex 10 map on my Yz250 2 stroke for a while and it was a great mod. The bike hit harder in the mid range and revved harder and much longer than stock. It had everything from mild-wild mapping options. You can do pretty much the same thing with the timing as you can do with fuel on the newer bikes, although it does not look like this one is adjustable so if you don't like the map you may be screwed. Just gotta be careful with the timing. It is easy to advance it too far and end up melting a piston. Don't ask me how I know. You can really make the bike "hit" however you want with one of those. I would give it a try, might be exactly what you are looking for.

Edited by BDubb106

Well I just put a TON of money in this thing and basically a brand new motor. If there is a chance that this mod could cause damage like that, I think it's probably best to pass. I wouldn't mind increasing the rev but don't want to damage anything