Yz stolen

Hi guys I had 03 Yz250 stolen in 09, so 3 weeks I spotted it on a auction web site. I told the police and now it's back in the garage 4yrs later. Totally mind blowing and unexpected. So rapt about it glad my crf450 has a friend to keep it company lol

• Like 6

Hi guys I had 03 Yz250 stolen in 09, so 3 weeks I spotted it on a auction web site. I told the police and now it's back in the garage 4yrs later. Totally mind blowing and unexpected. So rapt about it glad my crf450 has a friend to keep it company lol

Dude I think that it's a sign that bike was always meant to be yours. And my wife thinks I'm crazy when I talk about my bike like its more than an inanimate object. I bet you were sick when you realized it was gone. Happy to hear you got your bike back

• Like 2

Yeah when I went out that morning to find it gone I was totally gutted. No insurance. I recognised it straight away as many of you guys would spot your bikes. It looked identical but in scruffy and unloved condition.when I took air filter out it fell apart in my hands.yes it is a sign I'm meant to have it. So at this stage ill keep my 06 450 and the Yz. Sold a 04 Yz alittle while ago. I have a soft spot for yz's

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1379663814.733811.jpg this is how I got it back. Apparently the chick that had it didn't know. I think it's been stored for awhile then someone pulled it out thinking its been long enough then this chick advertised it. I spotted it looking for bikes for my mate. Still can't believe sometimes. After 4 yrs I had definitely accepted it was long gone.

Glad to here you got your bike back even if it needs some TLC. I hope they caught the guy that stole it on you. I had a snowmobile stolen once while I was sleeping. I understand the gut feeling. You want to just go kick some ass when it happens!! It kinda makes you sick. Cleaner her up and post some pics when you get her going again.

Edited by Zrt1200

Super happy it worked out and the bikes with you! ? Can I ask how you knew it was your bike was it like the year matched or some upgrades you had on it? Or was it that gut feeling? I have always felt like if they put 12 bikes the exact same infront of me i could still pick mine out have always felt like this about all my bikes but I'm crazy :banana:

What web site did you see it on ?. I met guy riding nick rode all over seen him everyware .1 day his quad wasent running rite took him to my house .cleaned his air filter and changed oil on his quad. Came back and stole my sons raptor 660 .still wating to see it.05 white ill never give up ill find it sooner or later. Glad you got it back bro .yea..

I'm in nz so trademe is the auction site everyone uses. It was listed under as a 01 yzf250 and I noticed it was a 2 stroke so I had closer look and immediately looked familiar. Same seat cover, grips, holeshot device, gold axle blocks. Cops impounded it. I had to pay $180 to get it out of storage which I was more than happy to do. Wasn't running and had 2 litres of gearbox oil in it. Got it going last weekend

I'm in nz so trademe is the auction site everyone uses. It was listed under as a 01 yzf250 and I noticed it was a 2 stroke so I had closer look and immediately looked familiar. Same seat cover, grips, holeshot device, gold axle blocks. Cops impounded it. I had to pay $180 to get it out of storage which I was more than happy to do. Wasn't running and had 2 litres of gearbox oil in it. Got it going last weekend

asswipes  the impound fee's should be charged directly to the person in possession off stolen goods  and thats just for starters

I had a CR 125 that was stolen in 1995. I was living in California at the time. In 1997 I moved to Australia for a year. So I moved back to Cali and  In 1999 I get a call from a police Officer telling me they think they found my bike and could come take a look.  

Could not believe it.

Yeah I think so to. I put new chain and sprockets on it 1 ride before it went and apart from chain needing a good lube the sprockets are still as new and the grips were the same as I put on after 4 yrs.front guard looked brittle and faded so I'm sure it's been in a shed for a long time. I've spruced it up and will put up a current photo when I can. I love being a dirt bike owner and enjoy tinkering in the garage on them as much as riding them so have enjoyed polishing,cleaning and tidying it up back to a bike that's looks like someone pride and joy as opposed to a piece of shit no one cares about

If your cleaning it you can see any changes with bike .stuff wearing out .wearing uneven.or broke.then its not a pice .lot of people neglect their bikes and wonder why shit brakes.cheeper for oil and filter then rebuild.that bike probably only has few hours on it after they took it out of shedd.got lucky bro .cool..