Sign in to follow this  

Brake upgrade to dual piston

We just put the EBC oversize kit on the 150R and my daughter feels the front brake on the 150F is still better. The 150F appears to have a 2 piston caliper where the 150R is a single piston. Is anyone aware of a dual piston kit available for the 150R ?

The Applied Racing adapter allows the use of the CRF250/450 dual piston caliper ($35-$50 on fleaBay). This one is for the 250mm oversize rotor (they also have one for the stock size rotor):

http://appliedrace.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=32_54&products_id=1611

This brake combination (250mm rotor w/dual piston caliper) is most often used in sumo racing. My dual piston caliper with stock rotor is all the brake I can handle on dirt.

Edited by Old Plonker

I really need to do this mod. My son says my front brake absolutely sux compared to the one on his KX85.

Dual piston caliper, decent fluid, stock rotor, steel braided line is the ticket for decent stopping power.  Get a really good bleeder too.

Dual piston caliper, decent fluid, stock rotor, steel braided line is the ticket for decent stopping power.  Get a really good bleeder too.

Can you give an example of a really good bleeder? I need one.

I went to an auto-parts store and spent like $50 on one.  It was a must for super-moto.

I went to an auto-parts store and spent like $50 on one.  It was a must for super-moto.

Is it the type that sucks fluid out through the bleed screw with a pump? 

Just putting a applied adapter on my cr85 forks for the dual piston caliper with a stock cr85 rotor. Looks like it all fits.

Sometimes that last little bubble is a pain in bleeding. Had some luck with taking the caliper off then using a piece of bar stock in the caliper and turning it with the bleeder upright to get that last little bubble out.

Also heard the mity vac does a good job. Might have to get one for next time.

Looked at Mytivac MV8000 on Amazon for $29.74, and then at this U.S. General pump at Harbor Freight for $26.99. Better reviews for the U.S. General, and it's all metal.

Edited by Old Plonker