Sign in to follow this  

Componts needed to make the drz 485cc? Also how much

Also possible to convert to fuel injection. As wr450 is and wow its smooth as a babys bum compare to the z

Well, you'll need a big bore kit, Athena or the like which will run about $5-700, but do go full out stroker with cams, probably $1400 in parts. As for EFI, no idea on that. Probably $$$$ though to do it properly.

Edited by Unsp0kn

As far as I know there is no FI available for the drz, I'm sure it could be done if you had the $$ but that along with the ridiculous stroker build is straight up dumb money for a drz. If you want a bike like that there are much better platforms than the drz to start on, once you get into strokers the reliability that the drz is known for goes out the window. Sure Eddie built some drz's that make ridiculous power but why don't you ask him for the receipts lol I'm sure it isn't pretty. Is this a track or street bike?

No 522 ?

Fuel injection, sure anything is possible, however, if you are looking for some easily solution, none that I know of.

There was a thread years ago in which Eddie stated he believed he could do an EFI conversion using almost all OEM parts from other bikes. He was willing to try it if somebody was willing to buy the parts. IIRC it was about $2500 in OEM parts at the time.

Yes.

Which would cost a fortune to swap/ convert to a DRZ

And not support serious HP

That’s known as a Lose/ Lose deal

maybe its a good idea just to maybe look at going into ktm 450s or along the lines? Would you say thats a better idea :)

485CC done right?

Icecube cylinder

JE forged piston

4mm Stroker crank (or better a 5mm if you can find one)

41mm FCR

RHC cams

RHC over size valves and a quality job installing them

Dyno tuning by a competent operator that knows both the Dyno and tuning a DRZ

maybe its a good idea just to maybe look at going into ktm 450s or along the lines? Would you say thats a better idea :)

Id say unless you are cobbling the system yourself, programming it, building the needed components in house... you’re better off buying a bike you want that has a factory built FI system.

Id say unless you are cobbling the system yourself, programming it, building the needed components in house... you’re better off buying a bike you want that has a factory built FI system.

okay thankyou marquez :)

Less money to sell the DRZ and buy a KTM 690. A stock 690 with dirt tires pulled 2 bike lengths on my 434 up to 80mph.

485CC done right?

Icecube cylinder

JE forged piston

4mm Stroker crank (or better a 5mm if you can find one)

41mm FCR

HRC cams

HRC over size valves and a quality job installing them

Dyno tuning by a competent operator that knows both the Dyno and tuning a DRZ

HRC cams..... Honda cams ?

I believe Craigo485SM (who recently sold his 485) is now looking into buying a KTM..... Talk to him.

• Like 1