Eating sparkplugs

Hi! I have a 2008 model kawi 450 wich has started to eat spark plugs.

If I put in a new spark plug it runs great for a day of riding, I come home wash the bike and do all the nescesarry maintenance, airfilter cleaned and oiled, replace oil and oilfilter if it is time and so on.

Then if I go riding the next day the bike starts fine and I go out to the track then the bike is hesitating and wants to quit as soon as I am not on the gas, go in to the pits again and change spark plug and the bike runs fine again. Plug looks pretty good a little black soot on the topside of the plug but nothing on the center electrode. This has got me puzzled... Tried cleaning the carb but it still does the same...

I have had the bike since 2008 and it has got about 150 hours , havent changed any carb settings except the idle every now and then, always run premium fuel.

Anyone with advice?

Thanks/ Tommy

Could be running a little rich and fouling out your plug maybe? Even a jetting issue if it hesitates. Clean off the plug or replace like you have. Your're not getting water in intake or spots like that are you?  Ive seen guys get crazy with power washing and leave the bike worse than it started.  150 hours is getting up there...

Piston has about 30 hours on right now all valveclearences are ok and I've checked for moisture in all connectors, a friend of mine suggested the float valve might be worn, but wouldn't that cause fuel leaks when the bike is sitting?

Piston has about 30 hours on right now all valve clearences are ok and I've checked for moisture in all connectors, a friend of mine suggested the float valve might be worn, but wouldn't that cause fuel leaks when the bike is sitting?

I had the float valve issue this last spring on my bike. Minuscule corrosion is all it took on a fin. Needed to drain everything out of my float bowl. Soon as the fuel cock was turned on, the bike ran but it pissed gas out of the tubes. There went money down the drain literally. If your fuel isnt turned on it cant reach the carb so turn it on and if it leaks its most likely a stuck float or bad float valve.

No leaks from the carb with the fuel tap on, I am still thinking it might be a carb issue though, maybe the needle is worn giving slightly rich mixture...

Or maybe the spark plug cap is worn?

No leaks from the carb with the fuel tap on, I am still thinking it might be a carb issue though, maybe the needle is worn giving slightly rich mixture...

Or maybe the spark plug cap is worn?

Start with the small things and go from there.  Check the rubber where the plug and wire connect. See if thats all good. From there maybe do a tear down of the carb to see any visible problems

Is it possible to remove the plug cap from the lead? Like on the older 2-strokes?