Sign in to follow this  

Powervalve sring insert

I recently got a 12 ktm 250xc and yesterday I wanted to try to try out different powervalve springs and wasn't paying attention to which way the spring insert came out of the case.what I'm trying to figure out is what way does the cut out of the spring insert go back in,vertically up and down or does the cut out go in sideways.if any body could help me out I would appreciate it.

I replied to your other post, if my memory serves me right, its horizontally, its the only way it can engage, once it slots in, it can't be turned.

Thanks,That's what it shows in the manual but i just figured that the cut out seated around the angle lever vertically but wasn't sure.i'm going to try it horozontally.i had it in vertically and the spring insert came off the main spring last time I pulled it apart and I needed a magnet to fish it out,I got lucky.i'm going to try it now.

Thanks for helping adamdf,the insert does go in horozontally.i appreciate the help.i need all I can get.

Thanks for helping adamdf,the insert does go in horozontally.i appreciate the help.i need all I can get.

No prob Dz! I just got my 2013 SX myself and am still learning about these bikes myself. Great machines.