How do you clean pollen stained plastics?

Hey gang, I have white plastics on my bike and over the weekend I went riding.  At some point I picked up what looks like pollen statins on my plastics.  I can't seem to get it off.  I tried everything I could think of yet they're still there.

Anyone have any ideas on how to remove?

Also, I bet it would've helped to have rinsed the immediatly after I rode it.  I wonder if waiting a few days made it worse.

Thanks in advance.

WD40

I've never had problems with pollen but when I wash my bike with white plastics some dish soap and those mr clean magic erasers get all the scuffs off with ease.

my fork guards were stained orange after riding in some orange Clay and having 450's blast orange clay onto the guards.

crc/wd40/silicon    did not work,   hold water blaster within 1cm of the dirty spots, NOTHING.

used this http://www.motomuck.co.nz/

sprayed onto dry mud/dirt, wait 10mins, hose off.    somehow this stuff reacts with dirt and lifts it off.

fork guards look new after first use!

Edited by danielt

I have had good results with Simple Green or Spray Nine. After washing off the bike. While it is still wet I will spray either of the mentioned products on.

Let it soak for a bit then rinse.

Works great for me.

I have used the magic eraser. It works well. But seem to lose the glossy finish.

+1 on simple green/purple power/magic eraser. Spray on wet plastics, leave for 5 mins, use stiff bristled brush and hose off. Works for everything.

If It's sticky like sap use Eucalyptus oil or Tee tree oil.

If It's just a stain use Steel Wool soap pads. White plastics are  the best color for that reason. Steel wool soap pads get all the dirt from the fine scratches etc and make your plastics look like new after every wash. The Suzuki Fluoro Yellow is OK to use Steel wool on also but not Kawasaki's or Honda's, It'll leave white scratches and make the plastics look faded once they dry.

my fork guards were stained orange after riding in some orange Clay and having 450's blast orange clay onto the guards.

crc/wd40/silicon did not work, hold water blaster within 1cm of the dirty spots, NOTHING.

used this http://www.motomuck.co.nz/

sprayed onto dry mud/dirt, wait 10mins, hose off. somehow this stuff reacts with dirt and lifts it off.

fork guards look new after first use!

Another reason to buy a KTM.

Orange clay blends well. Lol

Tried the following and it won't budge:

WD40, Simple Green, Krud Kutter, Dish Soap, Shout, steel wool, laundry soap, penetrating oil, green scour pad, Carb Cleaner, 409, Goo Gone.

Geez man, this sucks and it looks like shit.  Brand new bike riddled with mustard looking spots.

Mr Clean magic erasers all the way! Just that they wear out fast. But they work great!

Did you try gas? Not sure how the plastics would like it, but when something won't come off I typically jump right to gasoline hahaha.

Edit: Gas should be fine, I spill that shit all over my tank & shrouds with every fill! :D

Edited by dan2581

Maybe Brake cleaner

I use carburator cleaner then Mop and Glow.If your plastic is not scratched you can skip the Mop and Glow.

I use http://www.dwdavies.com/product/dc-99 for everything. Works great on stains,grease,wax,soap scum and dirt. My parts cleaner is filled with it. Not sure what the price is online but it's made locally and runs about 13.00 gal. It's non toxic,non flammable and non corrosive. I use it full strength in a spray bottle, just make sure to wear gloves as it will pull the oil out of your skin leaving your hands very painful (found out the hard way) for a few days. It puts simple green and purple power to shame. 

Edited by Rotax