Hell of a day ride on my 520RS!

Saturday was a real interesting ride. I took my bagged up beast up Redonda Ridge/1W17/Malcom Smith Trail. It is shameful the way ride leader acted. He and 5 others left 3 of us and a guys KTM behind on the nasty sections of MS trail. The guy riding the KTM had no business on that trail. He threw his hands up and just left the bike behind.

Me, Bill (who I've ridden with in Kennedy Meadows) and and his riding buddy were unknowingly left behind to ride that guys bike out. I rode it up all the nasty sections. With me, Bill and his buddy working together to get the KTM over the large boulders. Then walking back down 1/4 -1/2 mile to retrieve my own bike. Three guys and 4 bikes. I'm sure some of you have been on that trail so you know how tough it gets on the rock steps. The arse wipe ride leader came back over 2 hours later and helped get his bike over the last little easy section. My mind had to take over my body. I was at the point of puking, and so spent I almost could not ride my own bike out.

Earlier, I suggested the guy with the KTM come back to camp with us. He had heat exhaustion and was spent. But the ride leader talked him out of it. Ride leader is a real prick in real life and I will never ever ride with him again. 

FWIW, Niether ride leader or the guy (who's bike I rode out) even gave us so much as a thank you. Ride leader came up with some lame excuse that he was waiting for the guys having lunch in Fawnskin then his story changed. This was a serious ride that could have turned out ugly with an air lift. Ride leader is the type of guy that thinks of no one but himself. 

Here is the first hill I rode his bike up. Not too bad but I was sucking gas trying to get that KTM fired up:

file_zps82876928.jpg

At this point he threw up his hands and started walking:

file_zps6c0d7b69.jpg

Here is me in good form:

file_zps31927ca0.jpg

Not so good form:

file_zps9ee597a7.jpg

file_zps277019ed.jpg
Good news is my bagged up Beta beast made it through GREAT!! My bike never failed to start with the button and sometimes did not even stall when it was dropped! The KTM OTOH was a 2011 450 POS! Electric start did not work and I had a hell of a time kicking it over. Going to tackle this trail with my 300 before snow this year. 

Edit: There was a 4th rider that helped as well over a really nasty rock step. Sorry I don't remember your name.

Holy crap, what a ride! It's great you stood up to help others, which is something I or any of my friends would do as well.

I've rode organized rides where the ride leader goes off and leave most behind, and it shows that there are A-holes out there that ride.....

Cools trails, great pics!

I had the same thing happen to meu with a guy i had been riding with for a couple of years. He left me in a section of trail i should not had been on. I made it up it shut the bike off walked over the ridge tto see if he had waited only to hear. his bike in the next valley. I got my bike out of there and have not ridden with him since. I just never was able to ride off and not help. It sure takes the fun out of rides.My 450 Is the first true off road bike with the magic button and man is it nice

You did the right thing brother. Karma is a lover and a bitch.  I am sure it owes you some love.  Helping is always the right thing to do.  I always stop to help no matter what, even if it is a quad !  :lol:    Reminds me of a few weeks ago.  I helped this young man get his quad out of a hole, on his fourth try he finally made it after failing three times I was there and every time the both of us lifting it off the ledge 3 times and back down to the bottom of the hole for over 30 minutes.   About an hour later I was helping two kids get their bikes kicked over and back down a maliciously marked "beginner trail" when he came riding up and said "damn, do you ever ride your bike or just help others"  I told him I just do the right thing, others have helped me numerous times and you always have to pay it forward.  He hopped off his quad and helped the littlest kid get his 50 back down the hill.  He said "thanks man" again.  I said no problem.  Then he said, "no, thanks for letting me help out the kid"  as he rode off he yelled "pay it forward bro!"  I think we got another good one (even though he is a quad rider :devil: ) on our team! :thumbsup:

Saturday was a real interesting ride...SNIP.

You did right. :thumbsup:

Now, where do you live?  I want to ride that. :banana:

You did the right thing brother. Karma is a lover and a bitch.  I am sure it owes you some love.  Helping is always the right thing to do.  I always stop to help no matter what, even if it is a quad !  :lol:    Reminds me of a few weeks ago.  I helped this young man get his quad out of a hole, on his fourth try he finally made it after failing three times I was there and every time the both of us lifting it off the ledge 3 times and back down to the bottom of the hole for over 30 minutes.   About an hour later I was helping two kids get their bikes kicked over and back down a maliciously marked "beginner trail" when he came riding up and said "damn, do you ever ride your bike or just help others"  I told him I just do the right thing, others have helped me numerous times and you always have to pay it forward.  He hopped off his quad and helped the littlest kid get his 50 back down the hill.  He said "thanks man" again.  I said no problem.  Then he said, "no, thanks for letting me help out the kid"  as he rode off he yelled "pay it forward bro!"  I think we got another good one (even though he is a quad rider :devil: ) on our team! :thumbsup:

You did right. :thumbsup:

Now, where do you live?  I want to ride that. :banana:

Thanks guys! It's always good to know that most of us will do the right thing. Truth be told, I would do the same even if the guy was an ass wipe.