lap timer

Hi, need some advice on a way to time laps. Currently using a wristwatch, not safe or accurate...does any one know of anIphone app or something else i could use for laptimes? I ride alone and want to get an idea of my times.

Yea, the infrared timers are difficult to deal with because the beacon has to be in line with the receiver. So you need a tripod or something to put it on and if you're not perfectly in line with it, then the darn thing doesn't work. I've used them for years and wouldn't ever buy one again. They aren't worth the money if its inaccurate or not reading.

The best system is from AIM sports its called the SOLO : http://www.aimsports.com/products/solo/index.html

What you need are not just laptimes, but split times. This allows you to break-down each sector and allows you to work on each section independently of a complete lap. Yes, these boxes are expensive, but they're GPS based, which gives you accuracy and no beacon's to setup.

Hi, need some advice on a way to time laps. Currently using a wristwatch, not safe or accurate...does any one know of anIphone app or something else i could use for laptimes? I ride alone and want to get an idea of my times.

I use an app called map my ride. It does pretty good for what I use it for(tracking time and distance on my road bike training rides). I've also used it at the track a couple of times and also out in the desert. As far as I can tell it's pretty accurate. There are others out there that are similar, so just do a search for phone based gps apps.

I just use my gopro

Yeah use the GoPro. Has a built in clock/timer.

I race they give me lap times

how do you set the go pro up to record laptimes or does it do it by itself and i have the original go pro does it not have that feature ?

Have a iphone? Use that! Mxdmoto works great!

I have the old non-HD gopro and use that for laptimes. The downside to that is I have to extract the laptimes myself using video editing software. It's nice that I can watch what I did to get my best lap.

That mxd moto looks like it works great

That mxd moto looks like it works great

i use it and it does. Just have to ride with the iphone.

i use the trackmaster app on my android.  i just recently upgrade phones and use my old one for that.  im trying to figure a way i can mount the otter box to the bike so it gets better signal like i did with my road racing bike.  but this is so much rougher i dont think velcro is going to do the trick (and i have no idea where to mount it either)

i use the trackmaster app on my android. i just recently upgrade phones and use my old one for that. im trying to figure a way i can mount the otter box to the bike so it gets better signal like i did with my road racing bike. but this is so much rougher i dont think velcro is going to do the trick (and i have no idea where to mount it either)

look at ram mounts.